turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Rob Roberts Final Strut Choke Tubes

Started by Borden811, April 05, 2017, 03:21:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Borden811

Does anyone know where I would be able to find a Rob Roberts Final Strut tube for a Benelli m2 in .650 constriction? New or used, either would be fine. I've been looking for a month and coming up empty everywhere.

taylorjones20

Alive only by the Grace Of God

Borden811

Been there,  done that.  Two different calls, two different people. Both informed me that .655 is the only constriction they make anymore. They also sell them on Midwest gunworks. Again, the only option is .655. Hence, my post here. Anyone else have any ideas?

foxred1962

When I called they recommended the .655 but there are several options on their webpage for .640,.650 and so on... just add the choke to your cart. They asked me what I wanted to shoot and asked barrel length then said .655

taylorjones20

Quote from: foxred1962 on April 05, 2017, 09:24:17 PM
When I called they recommended the .655 but there are several options on their webpage for .640,.650 and so on... just add the choke to your cart. They asked me what I wanted to shoot and asked barrel length then said .655

Exactly, just add it to the cart.  If you still have trouble let me know and I will use my contact there to see what the deal is.

Borden811

Hmm, I'll try it. I mentioned that the website showed both a .650 and .640. She claimed they hadn't made the .640 for years, and that they used to put them in the custom shop turkey guns, but they no longer make them, nor do they make the. 650. She stated the website just hadn't been updated yet? I'll give it a shot and see what happens.

taylorjones20

They may not... I can find out for sure.

foxred1962

I got mine yesterday in .655... Haven't shot it yet but I do like the fact that it is shorter than my old jelly head and way shorter than my dads Indian creek.

Borden811

I put a 650 in my cart and ordered it. Have to wait and see what shows up! I'll report back when it gets here.

Borden811

Well, just received a call from gun works. They can't fill my order with a 650, as 655 is as low as they currentky go in the crio chokes. I asked, and as of right now, they have no plans to make anything tighter. They're refunding my order. Anyone have any other ideas? They did at one point make a 650 in the croi chokes, correct?

allaboutshooting

JEB'S has a .650 for that gun https://allaboutshooting.com/products/jebs-12-gauge-turkey-choke-crio in ported or non-ported. Maybe that would help.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

foxred1962

Yes at one time they did make them. I assume that in their testing they have found the .655 best then. I do have the .655 now and I do like the fact that in only extends out the barrel less than an inch. I am also shooting federal heavyweight #6 shot that I was able to get from buds gun shop. I'm getting right around 110 pellets in the 10 but they are evenly distributed and I have no fear at 40. I know they are overkill on a gobbler but I am anxious to see them smack a coyote that sneaks in. I am getting a fastfire to center the pattern as it is about 6" right at the moment. I will post pics later.

Clark I am sorry I didn't message you about the jebs. When I went to your I didn't see the non ported option. With all the federal testing you did in the past have they contacted you about their new flex wad? Do you think it will make its way into the turkey loads?

allaboutshooting

QuoteClark I am sorry I didn't message you about the jebs. When I went to your I didn't see the non ported option. With all the federal testing you did in the past have they contacted you about their new flex wad? Do you think it will make its way into the turkey loads?
Thank you. I really appreciate the feedback and your support.
What Federal has done is take advantage of the work that was done in the past that showed the best way to utilize the Flitecontrol Wad was to defeat it's intended purpose by compressing it. With the "Flex" they have eliminated the troublesome brakes and windows and turned it into more of a sabot. That's exactly what we do when we shoot the Flitecontrol Wad through a choke with a tighter exit diameter. I suspect that the "new" wad may make its way into other shotshell products including turkey loads...at some point.
Thanks again,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

Tom007

"Solo hunter"