turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

28 Mar 17 Southeast Missouri

Started by Rzrbac, March 28, 2017, 06:28:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rzrbac

51 degrees, calm and partly cloudy. Checking some of my normal spots, birds have been thin in here the past few years. Fresh tire tracks driving in as well.  We'll see what happens.

Rzrbac

Terrible morning.  Got two to gobble a handful of times with Mr. Gibson's owl hooter.  Nothing else gobbled until a little after 8:00. I stopped by the highway next to some private ground to run my new crystal call from Mr. Trice. A couple responsed to it but they weren't hot at all.  It ended up being a total cloudy morning and daylight broke slow so I made it to a few spots to listen before flydown.  It's bound to pick up soon.

Rzrbac

I forgot to add that my cousin has had some birds gobbling on his farm recently. He listened this morning and nothing gobbled.

turkey harvester

They were tearing it up Sunday morning and yesterday morning. Didn't get out this morning. It stormed Sunday night pretty good but that didn't shut them up.
TURKEY NUT CUSTOM STRIKERS- Jeffrey Thompson-Owner.  Kathleen,GA
Hunt with your kids, not for them.

Hunt with your kids, not for them.

Rzrbac

I heard they gobbled pretty good over here Sunday as well.  Crazy birds, some mornings they do and some they don't.