OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

twisting creek snakewood/black limba

Started by Hillbilly yelper, March 23, 2017, 07:08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hillbilly yelper

give a listen and tell me what ya think...
thanks,
tim
https://youtu.be/Om19QhhT0LA
Tim
New email: lmurdock@k12.wv.us

letinmfly

Captain of the former Gobble Kings

Hillbilly yelper

Tim

hunter22

Will it tone down and play soft like a turkey?

SteelerFan

Looks like a pretty box. Honestly, though - I'm not a fan of the rapid-fire speed calling, so it's hard for me to offer an opinion on the sound.

Rzrbac

Tim, I thought it sounded great!  I love to hear your sound files playing those box calls.

Hillbilly yelper

Quote from: hunter22 on March 23, 2017, 08:16:04 PM

yes, I can play soft, everybody can play it softly. I just like listening to the range. FYI...I dont play the calls like this in the woods! I just like to show everyone, the one talent this blind man has left! I can no longer go shoot a turkey, but I have NO PROBLEMS calling them in.
Tim

Hillbilly yelper

Quote from: Rzrbac on March 23, 2017, 08:52:38 PM
Tim, I thought it sounded great!  I love to hear your sound files playing those box calls.
Thank you so much for the compliment! I love playing my calls, I sit aand practice to entertain myself through the day. Its nice to hear that someone enjoys hearing me play!
Tim

LittleJennyHen

Quote from: hunter22 on March 23, 2017, 08:16:04 PM

Shoot bud, I can tone it down and softly call on it... I am not good at calling them in but, I am learning. I have tried to hit it hard like he does but I absolutely cannnnoooot do it. It is way harder than it seems to get down on these calls like this. Its amazing! People flocked to him when he did it at the NWTF Conference this year. Glad I have such a talented dad that I can hunt with that can literally do ANYTHING on these box calls!

hunter22

Sorry if I offended you by asking if it will play soft. I certainly did not mean too. I am old school and when I run a box call the first thing I listen for is will it play the soft stuff before I start beating the rails off. Maybe you should enter the calling contests at Nashville.

Hillbilly yelper

Tim

joker

I have heard enough sound files of turkey calls to know that if it is a 2min sound file you have to cluck for at least 1.5min before you are aloud to make any other type of turkey sound.  :funnyturkey:

KYTURKEY

Hey brother, I enjoyed watching the way you play calls. I watched you several times in Nashville. It's always good see how others run calls. You can rock on those boxes. You keep playing and running them the way you like to do it, and don't worry about the opinions of others.

chatterbox