OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

federal 3rd degree

Started by stringtalker, February 24, 2017, 12:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stringtalker

Anybody shot the 3rd degree out of there 20 gauge with a good pattern. Post some pics if so
Douglas

jakebird

Saw a pretty decent pattern the other day but it was on a Facebook page. Maybe Turkey Callers of America or Turkey shot gunners corner.....Looked pretty even and nice density.
That ol' tom's already dead. He just don't know it yet .... The hard part is convincing him.

Are you REALLY working that gobbler, or is HE working YOU?

g8rvet

A buddy of mine rigged up the exact same gun for his daughter that I did mine. Same choke too. He got very good patterns with it.  I did not.
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

captpete

This is from last year. 1187 26" barrel, Sumtoy 562-5, 3" 3rd Degree shells at 31 yds.

jakebird

Your pic says triple beards. That's not the same as third degree. Doesn't hevishot make the triple beards?
That ol' tom's already dead. He just don't know it yet .... The hard part is convincing him.

Are you REALLY working that gobbler, or is HE working YOU?

SumToy

I think they like any other blend that is commercial loaded.    One may have more of this and other more of that.    I have not seen any of the blend shells shoot consistent from shell to shell. 
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

ahfox16

Quote from: SumToy on March 15, 2017, 07:39:59 AM
I think they like any other blend that is commercial loaded.    One may have more of this and other more of that.    I have not seen any of the blend shells shoot consistent from shell to shell.

Agree the only blend load that seems to pattern well for me is the 3.5" Hevi-blend out of my Benelli SBE.  It show real well.  Bottom line however in my Benelli almost any load I shot would have destroyed a turkey at 50 yards.  Lugging that canon around is why I now shoot a 20 gauge and shoot your chokes and number 7 Heavyweight.  Pretty awesome set up.

stringtalker

Well i got some third degree's to see how they shoot. With a different choke i believe they will shoot pretty good. I shot at 25 and 35 yards
Douglas

stringtalker

1st pic was 25 yards 2nd pic is 35 yards
Douglas

decoykrvr

I wouldn't hunt with that load, too many holes in the pattern at 35 yards.

stringtalker

Quote from: decoykrvr on March 22, 2017, 03:50:35 PM
I wouldn't hunt with that load, too many holes in the pattern at 35 yards.
Don't plan on hunting with, just testing shells, i shoot heavyweight #7's
Douglas

decoykrvr

owlhoot