OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

When do you load up?

Started by Missed-Em, April 09, 2011, 09:18:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkey slayer

PANYHunter

Quote from: stinkpickle on April 09, 2011, 10:02:30 AM
I'm loaded by the time I start walking away from the truck.  Fences are no problem.  If I'm hunting with somebody, we hand each other the guns.  If I'm by myself, I just lay it on the ground pointed away from me.
yes

Snoody Bastid

As soon as I step foot in the woods.

TalksToTurkeys

Quote from: Snoody Bastid on April 09, 2011, 09:31:48 PM

Yep..............                                                                      :fud:

furtracker

I usually load up as i'm pulling up to where ever i'm parking.  I've shot a coyote when I was standing just a few yards from my truck.  I believe you gotta be ready the whole time your out there.

WyoHunter

I get out of the truck, put on my vest and then load the Beretta!
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

gunnerj

At the truck, where I can see what I'm doing and not making all that noise in the trees or blind.

magicman

mightyjoeyoung

At the truck for the adults.  Load the mags for the youngsters and leave the chamber open and empty with their guns slung until we strike a bird.  It's game on from there!
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

sugarray

I want to be ready so I load up at the truck.  If I have to ride the 4 wheeler then I load up once I stop the 4 wheeler.

jshively

Quote from: WyoHunter on April 09, 2011, 11:28:57 PM
I get out of the truck, put on my vest and then load the Beretta!
Its a Remington - but same process.

snapper1982

Quote from: stinkpickle on April 09, 2011, 10:02:30 AM
I'm loaded by the time I start walking away from the truck.  Fences are no problem.  If I'm hunting with somebody, we hand each other the guns.  If I'm by myself, I just lay it on the ground pointed away from me.
:icon_thumright:only way to go if you ask me. have heard to many stories about guns not loaded when the bird arrives and put to much work into it to let them walk off do to an error like an un loaded gun

BrowningGuy88

If I am driving in, when I pull through the gate onto private property I load up, if I am where I can walk out of the camp and go hunting I load it up as I walk out the door.

Daman

Devastator

Quote from: TalksToTurkeys on April 09, 2011, 10:08:47 PM
Quote from: Snoody Bastid on April 09, 2011, 09:31:48 PM

Yep..............                                                                      :fud:
me too

BigHooks