OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

When do you load up?

Started by Missed-Em, April 09, 2011, 09:18:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Missed-Em

When do you load your gun - at the truck or after you get to your first set-up?  I load up when I leave the truck, but that always creates a problem at fences, etc.

FireFly908

I load up when I leave home but don't chamber up until I'm in the blind and all set!  And as a lot of other hunters have done also, I've forgot the chambering until I clicked the trigger!  :(

doepee

I load mine when I am at the truck, no fences to cross, just a 1/4 mile walk through field and grass..

stinkpickle

I'm loaded by the time I start walking away from the truck.  Fences are no problem.  If I'm hunting with somebody, we hand each other the guns.  If I'm by myself, I just lay it on the ground pointed away from me.

OLE RASPY

Quote from: stinkpickle on April 09, 2011, 10:02:30 AM
I'm loaded by the time I start walking away from the truck.  Fences are no problem.  If I'm hunting with somebody, we hand each other the guns.  If I'm by myself, I just lay it on the ground pointed away from me.
x2

renegade19

X3

Muskie03

When I leave my tent.

Muskie03 Taught Me A Lesson In 2011

If it eats I can catch it, if it bleeds I can kill it.

mossy835

X4 works for me.

chatterbox

I go hot as soon as I'm outta my car. I don't have any places I hunt where fences are a problem.

redarrow

Me too.

TauntoHawk

load at the truck, always with a buddy so fence crossing isnt a big deal
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

West Augusta

At the truck and yes I have dropped the hammer on an empty chamber with three gobblers at twenty yards.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

hunttherut

TrackeySauresRex

"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

lmbhngr