OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

burris fast fire 2 vrs 3

Started by mr perfect, March 18, 2017, 02:08:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr perfect

i have a fast fire  three i am thinking of a two for no reason other than it is a great deal .i know to change the battery you must remove  the sight .comments

JHoyle

I have both. The 2 doesn't seem to get dim enough for me in low light,it stays too bright.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chatterbox

Both are fine. FFIII is a little more convenient with battery on top, and no set screws to mess with on sighting in, but my son has had an FFII on his shotgun, and it works perfectly.
I would have no issue with an FFII if I got a good deal on one.

Reloader

I have both and much prefer the on/off switch of the 2 by a long shot.  Yes, you have to remove to replace battery, then recheck zero, but the batteries will easily go 5 years+.  I hear a lot of folks complain about the brightness of the dot and starburst.  Cut a tiny square of electrical tape, cover the tiny light sensor on the front of the sight where the edge of the tape barely covers it, then slide the tape until you get the brightness you want.  That clears up the dot. 

The FF3's on/off mech is a PITA in the field IMO.  Also both mine and a buddies don't even come on most of the time if you just hit the button once.  You have to be looking thru the sight and hit the button, wait a few seconds, hit it again, wait yadda yadda.  Once it's on, it's fine.  I do like the fact that it adjust easier, but there's no noticeable clicks and it moves so easy I often wonder if it's actually staying put.  At least with the 2 it's locked and done.  The battery on top is a better idea, but I don't know about you guys, but it's kind of a pain to change since it's so far fwd.

reynolds243

I've never had an issue with the 3 coming on nor thought it was a PITA. I turn mine on when I get out of the Truck and turn it off when I'm done hunting.  I replace the battery every spring and that process has never failed me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rpinks

I have both FF11 on 935 and FF111 on SBE. If I needed another one it would be the FF11 because of simple on and off. I replaced the battery last year in it. Torqued all screws back down the same. POI was dead on.
Thanks, RP