Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Devotional Saturday April 9, 2011 "I'm telling you the Truth!"

Started by mmims, April 08, 2011, 11:07:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmims

David writes in Psalm 51:6 that God desires truth "in the inmost part." Therefore, truth must first take root in your heart before it can flow into the lives of others. Jesus said, "Out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks" (Matthew 12:34).

"Truth hurts"
"Truth is stranger than fiction"
"you can't handle the truth"
"Do you swear to tell the Whole Truth and Nothing but the truth"
"Truth is after all a moving target"
"The truth will set you free, but first it will make you miserable."

I could go on but you get the meaning, there is a stigma attached to Truth. One that is becoming a norm in society, Truth is Bad! Well I am here to tell you regardless of what politicians practice and Hollywood accepts, Truth is ALWAYS BEST! NO, It is the ONLY thing that makes a person WHOLE!

One definition by Webster of Truth is... "fidelity to an original or to a standard." Fidelity, loyal to a standard! WOW

Monday I noticed the foot rest to my recliner was broke at the end...flopping, I knew what had happened, my grandson (4) loves to jump off it onto an ottoman. Last night his mother stopped by with  him and his brother. I raised the recliner and asked if he knew what happened, he got real quite, I said, I will not be mad if you tell me the truth, I will get mad if you lie, so think about it Mason, the truth is always right, regardless of the consequences. He thought for a minute and said, "yes sir I did it, I am sorry! I could not be happier, after all it is my fault for letting him jump on the furniture but hey, he is a grand baby! Right! A valuable teaching moment!

Buckminster Fuller once said, "On personal integrity hangs humanity's fate." Truth is the only sure foundation on which to build your life, because it is the only stable force capable of withstanding the pressures of this world. Operating in a spirit of deception always leads to dissension, disappointment, and destruction, whereas living a life of truth produces peace, purpose, and fulfillment.

Truth...... Honesty is the best policy!

Bro. Mike

Roostem33

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

BOFF

Thanks for your time and sharing brother Mike.

Well thought out and written.

God Bless,
David B.

turkey slayer

bayou gobbler

Thank you Mike for that great devotional.

God Bless,
Richard

HeavyMetal