OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

palmers or harrisons hoot tube?

Started by slave601, February 10, 2011, 02:24:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slave601

I've used a palmers for a few years now but I've been hearin a lot about the hooks harrison hoot n stick. So which sounds better in yalls opinion? Is the harrisons really that good?
"thinnin the flock"

drum817

In my personal opinion....YES the Hooks/Harrison hooter is unbeatable.  I went through a TON of owl hooters before the Harrison and this will be my third season using it.  I very much doubt you'll be disapointed with it.
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

LX_Trkyhntr

I had a Palmer Hoot tube, got rid of it once I got my Harrison Hooter!! :you_rock:
Hook's Custom Call Prostaff, Ol'Tom's Elite Team, Vaportrail Archery Prostaff, KTECH Design Prostaff
[IMG]http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af259/OpenSeason1/oltom-logo.png[/i

shootumindaface

cassga

I'll add another thumbs up for the Hooks/Harrison hooter :z-winnersmiley:

slave601

So which harrison tube? The synthetic or wood?
"thinnin the flock"

drum817

Quote from: slave601 on February 10, 2011, 02:41:55 PM

I use the synthetic.....but the wood ones are VERY nice.  You can't go wrong either way.

shootumindaface

There are three versions synthetic, osage and a custom one by James.. They all sound really really close to the same and for hunting purposes there is no discernible difference..

blueribbon

The maple Palmers is a great call I have not tried the Harrison but if it comes from Hooks you can guarantee it will be a good one!!!

Executioner

No contest, the Harrison Hoot N Stick is a MUCH better sounding call. God bless.
"Confidence in your God given abilities adds more turkeys to your daily limit" Mike Miller "The Turkey Killer" Take delight in the LORD, and He will give you your hearts desires. Psalm 37:4

letinmfly

I got mine directly from James Harrison.  It's made from Cocobola.

Captain of the former Gobble Kings

neal

I have a Palmer's and I have a Hoot n Stick in Maple and cocobolo. Since I bought my Hoot n Sticks I have not put a breathe of air through the Palmer's. Hoot n Stick the best hands down don't waste your time or money anywhere else!!!!
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

SKFOOTER

Quote from: drum817 on February 10, 2011, 02:43:41 PM

I use the synthetic.....but the wood ones are VERY nice.  You can't go wrong either way.
What booth will be selling them at the convention next weekend???

drum817

Quote from: SKFOOTER on February 10, 2011, 05:34:36 PM
Quote from: drum817 on February 10, 2011, 02:43:41 PM

What booth will be selling them at the convention next weekend???

Hooks is in booth 224 I believe.

Flydown