OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

fed hw 7s

Started by potter, February 20, 2017, 05:40:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

potter

Heres my results with fed hw 7.

Kicks 690.      170 avg
                    Rhino 690 140 avg
                   Browning turkey choke 170 avg
Does anybody else have numbers this low ?would like to use these if I could reach 200-220ish .the temp was in the 60s

TRex18

Go to a Rhino 720 and Rip some of the 3.5 2 3/8oz magblends.

That will get you numbers up.

deadbuck

A Fed heavyweight 7 10 ga shell has 438 pellets in it.  170/438 is only 39% of payload hitting 10 inch circle. I don't know what to tell you other than you can spend a lot of money experimenting if you are not careful . I love 10 gauge guns and own 2, but I carry a 20 ga now for performance.

potter

I guess I will stick with nitros. Shot the 457s got 330 with rhino 690, just dont like the pixie dust.have to order morewhat nos do u think I get with straight 6 or 456? I dont understand why they would use 4s at all. Is it safe to assume I could get 50%of the shot in10@40 with any of these loads? Do u think they would make me a 56 blend?

Old Gobbler

Make sure the bore it totally clean between shots, by that I mean bore brush and no oil --  with the fed hw , and your shooting in good Temps , my gun will go over 200 easy , but if u run a shell through fits and it's chilly ot will drop down to 160
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

potter

Og when u shot nitro 5s what choke did u use. Thinking of trying nitro 6s with kicks 690.

Old Gobbler

Quote from: potter on February 23, 2017, 08:56:18 AM
Og when u shot nitro 5s what choke did u use. Thinking of trying nitro 6s with kicks 690.
a rhino 685 , I think I still have that choke .....it shot 180 ish with straight 5 hevishot , that combo is real freight train on gobblers , it breaks necks...wings ...legs ....it hits hard

I never tried the nitro in straight 6
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon