OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Moss 835 Patterns With Star Dot Choke

Started by ILIKEHEVI-13, April 07, 2011, 11:08:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ILIKEHEVI-13

Guys, I need a favor.  If you have shot some great patterns with a Star Dot choke and Hevi-13 or Win Xtended Range loads out of your 835, I'm going to ask you to post them here.  I want Sum Toy to see them.  Maybe he can help us out by your feedback.  I would like to see someone bring back the specs of this choke back to life since they seem to shoot about the best out of the 835's.  I think Sum Toy is the kind of guy that will listen to the shooters.  That's what we need in a choke maker.   :z-guntootsmiley:

We all know this choke is no longer made, but I think I know one of the main reasons why it shot Hevi-13 loads so well.  

So post up your great patterns.  

ILIKEHEVI-13

I know that goblr77 had a great one that he posted on another forum. 

[attachment deleted by admin]

Tom Foolery

Ctomp1974

Love my star-dot. Hevi13, 3.5", 2.25oz #6 @ 40yds. 248 was my best ever and usually only average 235 in a 10" circle.

3" 870 Shell Shucker

The Star Dot also does well with Hevi13 in other choke configurations, such as INV+, and RemChoke.  I got 280 with Hevi13 3-2-7 in a RemChoke last year, and 159 with Hevi13 3-1.75-6 in an INV+ this year.

So, there must be more than just one kind of mojo going on in the Star Dot?

In INV+ and RemChoke, the Star Dot is a solid 35 Yard choke with Lead.  However, there is something going on in these chokes that Hevi13 really likes, that makes it a 50 Yard Hevi13 combo.

ILIKEHEVI-13

I had a Star Dot .668 Rem choke for my 870.  I shot it with Hevi-13 loads and wasn't impressed.  I have heard from others that the Rem Star Dot was nothing to write home about as far as patterns go.  The other good Star Dot choke that I am aware of according to Reloader on here was the Star Dot .668 Browning/Win/ Moss 500 Invector choke.  But the 835 Star Dots were awesome in most every 835 from what I have heard.  It's the magical choke it seems for these guns.  They put up better numbers than most any other chokes made. 

SumToy

Thanks Guys.

This will give me something to look at to beat.  I think we can put numbers to match this may not beat it.  When you get to the 300 plus mark you don't have a lot of room to improve.  I know that don't say much as a sale's man to sale a choke but I like to be on the up and up.  

The one thing I have been  ??? is the Winchester Elite.  We get good numbers out of the win lead, the Fed FCW and the HV-13.  Now with the Elite as of now you better with a box of rocks and sling slot.   I have not gave up we will find what it takes to make the 835 work with them.
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Mossy517

William-
I dont think we need to beat the Star-dot, I think we need to match what they brought to the table, a good consistant pattern. I had a star-dot up until yesterday when I i sold it on here, it may sound funny, but I never shot it that much so I figured i would pass it along to someone who would use it. I have had the chance to shoot your .675 out of my 835 with the "new" lot of #7s, it put up 266. I bouught and have in the gun right now a Kicks .670, but I may need to see if I can get hold of your .675 again to try a few more loads through it.

I wish you the best, I think you have a good thing going. Keep listening to the guys that are paying your bills and you will have a fast growing choke business.
HuntingPA... Lacaster, York, Perry and Centre counties

goblr77

Here's a couple more other than the one ILIKEHEVI13 posted for me.

[attachment deleted by admin]

ILIKEHEVI-13

ILIKEHEVI-13

ILIKEHEVI-13

I'll go ahead and post this here.

I just wished I would have bought all these chokes that Walmart had marked down to $8 at the time in the late 90's or early 2000"s.