OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

20g XR Longbeards comin!!

Started by CABEAR73, February 17, 2017, 12:45:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CABEAR73

Just got 4 boxes of the new Longbeards XR 20g in #6 shot from the NWTF convention...It's about to get real, testing a new Winchester XSP turkey model w Sumtoy choke. Should have good data by weeks end....Start lookin on the shelves or online... :z-guntootsmiley:

Dirtybird552

I'm leaving in the morning headed to the convention. Can I get them at the Winchester booth?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aeasley10

Love to hear & see the results.  And hear see how they compare to TSS #9 & Federal HW #7.  Let us know how it goes

Swampchickin234

Lead at 1000 fps...... no thank you.  Will I buy some to play with?  You betcha. 

CABEAR73

Quote from: Swampchickin234 on February 17, 2017, 10:43:53 PM
Lead at 1000 fps...... no thank you.  Will I buy some to play with?  You betcha. 

Thats what I bought em for.....I have 2 set ups now shooting the 7's. It will have to be draw dropping for me to switch....

CABEAR73

Quote from: Dirtybird552 on February 17, 2017, 04:44:18 PM
I'm leaving in the morning headed to the convention. Can I get them at the Winchester booth?

Yes!!

BowBendr

Quote from: aeasley10 on February 17, 2017, 10:19:15 PM
Love to hear & see the results.  And hear see how they compare to TSS #9 & Federal HW #7.  Let us know how it goes

While I am 100% certain that this new shell will be the rage of the '17 season, they will be of no comparison to the tungsten spheres.

Gods of Thunder

Greg Massey

Quote from: BowBendr on February 18, 2017, 09:08:33 AM

While I am 100% certain that this new shell will be the rage of the '17 season, they will be of no comparison to the tungsten spheres.

Gods of Thunder   
Amen, no were near the same..but i hope next to it...i will try a box...

dzsmith

the patterns I seen put up by the new 20s were good but not draw dropping. if I was shooting a fine tuned 20 guage with fed 7s based on the pictures ive seen of the patterns of the 7s I probably would stick with that vs the longbeards. they are good , no doubt...and will be a great competitor if you want to shoot smaller lead shot through a 20...but 7s and tss rule the 20 guage world unfortunately.
"For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great."

Dtrkyman

I just ordered some tss but that longbeard looked pretty sporty in the video!

chatterbox

Gods of Thunder
This^^^^^^^^^
I love my Heviweight 7's, and I have no plans to change.

Greg Massey

Quote from: chatterbox on February 24, 2017, 07:06:33 PM

Gods of Thunder
This^^^^^^^^^
I love my Heviweight 7's, and I have no plans to change.
Agree with you on HW 7 ..But i'm still going to try a box of the New LB 20...

CABEAR73

After shooting Fed 7's and Longbeard XRs, the Feds def out performed them by a longshot

Greg Massey

Quote from: CABEAR73 on February 25, 2017, 12:29:39 PM
After shooting Fed 7's and Longbeard XRs, the Feds def out performed them by a longshot
What did you notice was the difference in the LB 20 gauge ?