Main Menu

billy buice trumpets

Started by greentag, February 12, 2017, 07:57:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry

Sorry to hear about that

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

nitro

My match set of Claro Walnut trumpets - 6" and 5.5" .  From a board of 100 year cut Walnut from California. No telling how old the tree was.. beautiful calls that have awesome sound quality.
Royal Slam 2008

Terry

I like those even more. May I ask what the difference is in sound and playing wise between the 6" and 5.5"?

Gut_Pile

Not to answer for Andy, but in my experience the 5.5's play "faster" and have a little higher pitch
Proud Member of The Tenth Legion Since 2004

Terry

Thanks, that's the answer I expected going by previous experience with shorter trumpets

Bennett

Glad you posted some pictures Will!  Mr. Garrett I would love to try and do that sometime. 5-6 hours is about what it would take me. I'm out of town but hope to get a thread going on some of Mr. Billy's box calls when I get home. Keep the pictures coming!

Gut_Pile

Not all that I have, but pretty darn close. Mr. Billy is a true treasure and a great friend.

L to R Ironwood, Mesquite Burl, Olivewood, Koa, Maccasar Ebony, Cocobola, Purple Heart, Blackwood, Ebony, Osage, Ziricote, Osage Tree Yelper, Texas Ebony, Amboyna Burl, Cocobola, Mesquite Burl Rifle Shell, Walnut, Verde, Mesquite Burl, B&W Ebony, Cocobola, Osage

Proud Member of The Tenth Legion Since 2004

Rapscallion Vermilion

Quote from: Gut_Pile on February 16, 2017, 09:31:49 PM
Not all that I have, but pretty darn close. Mr. Billy is a true treasure and a great friend.

Wow.  Awesome collection.
Good taste in bourbon too  :icon_thumright:

greentag

awesome pic gut pile...you have some really nice ones,i wish my small little collection could grow to that someday.thanks for showing those.

Old School

Y'all own some nice trumpets! Makes me wanna post mine! Lol!

gergg

Quote from: Gut_Pile on February 16, 2017, 09:31:49 PM

L to R Ironwood, Mesquite Burl, Olivewood, Koa, Maccasar Ebony, Cocobola, Purple Heart, Blackwood, Ebony, Osage, Ziricote, Osage Tree Yelper, Texas Ebony, Amboyna Burl, Cocobola, Mesquite Burl Rifle Shell, Walnut, Verde, Mesquite Burl, B&W Ebony, Cocobola, Osage

Nice collection....curious if you find that Billy's calls vary in ease of play and tone from one to the other....is it the wood that makes them different or just natural internal variables when building them.
https://www.gwaltneygamecalls.com/

Greg Gwaltney Game Calls
2022 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call (Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 2nd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF Grand Nationals - 3rd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF S.E. Call Makers Contest - 4th Place Trumpet Calls

dzsmith

guys where can I purchase a billy buice trumpet. do I have to purchase one from him directly. I wouldn't prefer a used one, but I couldn't find a website for the guy. Never used a trumpet before, In the recent years ive been experimenting with more unorthodox calls, and this year is going to be the trumpet...so
"For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great."

beakbuster10

Can some PM Mr. Billy's contact information

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: Old School on February 17, 2017, 04:14:34 PM
Y'all own some nice trumpets! Makes me wanna post mine! Lol!
Post em up...I could look at these all day...Great bunch of topnotch trumpets so far gentlemen. 

nitro

Billy doesn't have a website.

You can try to get calls on the secondary market or call Billy and get calls directly from him..

Good luck!!

Quote from: dzsmith on February 18, 2017, 12:57:46 PM
guys where can I purchase a billy buice trumpet. do I have to purchase one from him directly. I wouldn't prefer a used one, but I couldn't find a website for the guy. Never used a trumpet before, In the recent years ive been experimenting with more unorthodox calls, and this year is going to be the trumpet...so
Royal Slam 2008