OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

billy buice trumpets

Started by greentag, February 12, 2017, 07:57:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nitro

Renaissance wax will remove the tarnish from the ferrules also- and slow the return of the oxidation. It's good stuff and has multiple uses. Highly recommended.

Quote from: eorlando on February 22, 2017, 09:08:34 AM
How do you guys keep the ferules so shiny?? I recently got 2 used ones and was wondering if there is a safe way to put the shine back into them.
Royal Slam 2008

eorlando

Quote from: nitro on February 22, 2017, 05:22:57 PM
Renaissance wax will remove the tarnish from the ferrules also- and slow the return of the oxidation. It's good stuff and has multiple uses. Highly recommended.

How do you guys keep the ferules so shiny?? I recently got 2 used ones and was wondering if there is a safe way to put the shine back into them.
Thanks. Does it do any harm to the wood if it happens to get on it?

chefrific

I'll second Renaissance wax. Guys on here recommended it to me for my trumpets.  It's safe on just about anything. Wood, metal, etc. .
Stuff works great.  Found mine on ebay. Just make sure you use it in a well ventilated area or as my wife made me use it- outside.  Stuff has potent fumes.

nitro

All Renaissance wax will do is make your calls look great. I apply a small coat with my finger and evenly coat the wood. it dries almost instantly. Give it a few minutes and buff the excess off with a cloth , old tshirt or micro fiber towel. I will make the wood's finish pop and protects the finish for quite a while. If the call or metal dulls, just reapply. It is great stuff. A small can lasts many years.

Quote from: eorlando on February 22, 2017, 05:29:07 PM
Quote from: nitro on February 22, 2017, 05:22:57 PM

Thanks. Does it do any harm to the wood if it happens to get on it?
Royal Slam 2008

Old School

This is the #12 of 14 Westinghouse micarta 6" trumpet with screw in buffalo horn mouthpiece.

6" cocbolo flat top trumpet. I love the way this 20 plus year old wood is darkening.

nitro

Old School, Those calls are wonderful..
Royal Slam 2008

Bennett

Nice ones Old School!  You have a great collection of Buice callers.

nitro

Which is code for  "do you want to sell them, and did you get my PM"  :TooFunny: :toothy12: :TooFunny:

Quote from: Bennett on February 24, 2017, 07:46:47 PM
Nice ones Old School!  You have a great collection of Buice callers.
Royal Slam 2008

Old School

Not to be morbid but my wife and I talked about her having folks to turn to should anything happen to me. Won't do any good to catalogue them if she has nowhere to sell them. If anybody is interested in being a contact send me your name and number and I'll make a list. I'm talking about buying the collection or most of it at least...... Just trying to make it easier on her is all.

Terry

Does Billy still make the micarta calls?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

davisd9

Quote from: nitro on February 13, 2017, 08:46:45 AM
Mr. Billy is a very devout man. He sourced some gorgeous Olivewood from Israel. The calls are magnificent, and they came with a card that authenticated the origin of the wood. It is a magical call. I have killed a few Gobblers with it.

Absolutely stunning trumpet Mr. Nitro. My next will be in Olivewood, Ironwood, or Rosewood. So hard to choose! Thanks for showing that fine collection of Mr. Buice trumpets, he is one of a kind!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

nitro

I will ask. Going to see him next week. Last time I was in the shop, we discussed Micarta. It's hard to source suitable material.. the old Westinghouse stuff is favored.

Quote from: Terry on February 24, 2017, 08:23:22 PM

Royal Slam 2008

Old School

Quote from: Terry on February 24, 2017, 08:23:22 PM

I could be wrong but I don't think so. He might do mouthpieces but I don't think he does the trumpet.

Bennett

Bennett

Buckeye burl with white delrin screw in mouthpiece.