OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Ceramic pot call

Started by turkeymanjim, February 12, 2017, 11:53:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkeymanjim

What you guy think is the best sounding ceramic call?

Bowguy

I'm no expert on ceramic as I feel there's way better surfaces, Schafers ceramic is decent n I have a Kaiser that sounds really good w a Torman black locust striker. As stated none normally get me jumping

Smooth_Operator

My fave is a Kaiser walnut/redheart laminate, second fave is probably my Daybreak Padauk, Stumpy makes a great ceramic as well...

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep,  
But I have promises to keep,  
And miles to go before I sleep,  
And miles to go before I sleep."

Techn9cian02

Schaffer is my favorite at the moment

Spring Fever

i havnt tried the Daybreak or kaiser but the ones that I have tried ended with me keeping my Houndstooth

TauntoHawk

Houndstooth cherry ceramic is real solid call, I've killed at least a handful of birds with it

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

hunter22

I have at least 10 ceramics and a Kaiser curly Maple, Daybreak Padauk, and Stumpy green laminate are my favorites.

Spitten and drummen

There are 2 that i really like and im not a big ceramic fan. They are a olin humpries in a mineral popalar pot and a pecker wrecker in sapele. Both are really good sounding. I found a ebony striker that i have been running on my halloran ceramic and im starting to like it.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

vgobbler

Greg Massey

Persimmon Hill Calls make a good ceramic pot with cherry bottom. I like mine with a Ash striker. With Ceramic all you need to do is wipe it off with a cloth.

OHturkey85

I only own couple one being a Halloran that I've had good luck with and I just got a Spring Allure a few days ago in a persimmon pot over aluminum that sounds real nice.

turkeymanjim

Thanks for everybody's input. You guys don't make it easy to choose.

Jbird22

hunter22

Bowhuntr73

Love the Daybreak, it is sweet!!