turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Choke question

Started by Cutt, April 07, 2011, 06:25:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cutt

I now have 3 chokes for my 11-87, to compare.  Two Jellyheads .660 and .665 and the Rem. H.D. choke which I beieve is .672?

I'm probably going to decide on the Hevi's 6 or 7's. But my question is, is there a point tight chokes become dangerous with bigger shot?

As I have some older Winchester #4's, I realize a Jellyhead .660 is probably too tight for a good pattern with 4's, but if I was to shoot a #4 shell through this .660, is their a problem? This is just an example don't plan on using the 4's, but at what point constriction would bigger shot become dangerous/ or not? just curious? Thanks

BigPeck215

you can compress lead more than you can hevi shot so the lead 4's in the .660 wont harm a thing, i have never shot hevi shot 4's but most choke tubes claim that 4's can be shot thru their chokes without problem

i'm betting that the .660 and those 7's will be a match made in heaven

Cutt

Quote from: BigPeck215 on April 07, 2011, 08:00:36 PM
i'm betting that the .660 and those 7's will be a match made in heaven

That's what I'm hoping, just got the tube today, and thanks for the anwser.

SumToy

The 660 stuff will work good with about anything.  They give a good even pattern.  Now if you want to wake it up drop it in size some. 
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA