OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Shooting Nitros in a Kicks GT with a Benelli SBE?

Started by TheSportsman, April 07, 2011, 10:52:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheSportsman

Hey guys, a recently picked up 4 Nitro turkey loads(3.5" 2 1/4oz 4x5x7).. I shoot a Benelli SBE with a 26" Barrel.  I know there has been a lot of talk about not shooting Hevi through a Kicks tube.  I think it will be fine, so im not worried about that.  I have two GT's, a .660 and a .665.  Have any of you guys had good luck shooting the Nitros through the Kicks GT.  Everybody has told me to get a Rhino .660 but kinda wanted to shoot the kicks before I drop 100 bucks on a Rhino. I thought the Kicks .665 in that SBE ought to pattern very nice with the Nitros? Any experience or advice? I also saw on the Nitro site that they also like a JH .655 but Ive heard the Rhinos still shoot better.  I can pick up a JH cheap, but again... why get one when I got two GTs?  Should I grab a JH 655? or just hold out, shoot the GT and get a Rhino at a later date?

zach06

I shot that exact combo for the last two years.  SBE, Kicks .660, and nitro 4,5,7.  It worked well for I was getting about 235 or 240 pellets in a 10 inch circle at 40 yards.  The only reason im not shooting them now is I sent my gun back to benelli during duck season for some repairs.  Trying to do a good thing they put a new bead on my gun for me since the old one was a little broke.  But they put a bigger bead on there and now the nitros patter too low.