OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

where did the 50yd. magblend post go?

Started by coyotetrpr, April 07, 2011, 09:37:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coyotetrpr

:TrainWreck1: What happened to the post about magblend pattern at 50 yds?
Jakes are like scotch. They are not worth a darn until they age.

redarrow

Was It back before the big meltdown. If so it may have been lost.Otherwise you may find it by doing a search.

coyotetrpr

Gobble!

Are you talking about the one where they had 68 in a 10" circle at 51 yards?

coyotetrpr

No, I am talking about the one that I posted asking if 120 in a 10 in circle was a good stopping point or a good starting point as far as my gun/choke combo

Gobble!

Quote from: coyotetrpr on April 07, 2011, 02:03:22 PM
No, I am talking about the one that I posted asking if 120 in a 10 in circle was a good stopping point or a good starting point as far as my gun/choke combo

I don't know where the thread went but with 120 at 50 yards I would say you have a lethal combo there!!

sugarray

I would agree, great pattern at 50 yds, I'd shoot one at 10 yds to see how tight it is and then go kill some turkeys.
:you_rock:

coyotetrpr

Never shot it at 10, and at 4 dollars a shell I won't. I have shot it at 20, and the pattern is about 20 in.

sugarray

I do understand $4 per shell, but still nice to know how tight it is at 10 when one comes from behind ya and is in your lap before you know it.

My pattern at 10 yds is about 6", tight.

You have a slayer there.  Call often, sit still, shoot straight!!

coyotetrpr

I do agree with you about 10 yards. Missed one at 8 last year (think I pulled my head off the stock) . I now have a red dot on the gun that a buddy gave me and it is way more forgiving than the sights I had last year.

Reloader

You're lucky to have more than a slug hole at 10yds with most turkey combos.  I don't like to shoot them closer than 20, but at times you have to.  I always tell folks to pretend they are shooting them in the head with a 22lr if they are less than 25yds, the whole aim small miss small concept...

I've killed them at close range with lucky flyers and with slug holes through their neck.  Much easier to miss at close range.

doepee

I don't know what happened to that thread. I had posted it was a great pattern and what kind of gun it was shot out of. You said a 835, and I said, I might just have to get one of those guns , just for the great patterns.. Was the thread deleted by the moderators? ???

coyotetrpr

I have no idea where the post went. I logged on today to read replies and it was just gone. I can't think the moderators deleted it unless it started a fight between folks and the language got bad.