OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Franchi affinity 20. Greenleaf!

Started by Bustabeak, March 14, 2020, 12:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

huntinsomd

I loaded my first TSS shells last spring after having purchased my Affinity 3. I did have issues with those shells feeding. I might try loading some 2 3/4" shells to see if that works or trim a little more off the 3" hulls.

Bustabeak

Quote from: huntinsomd on March 14, 2020, 08:20:17 PM
I loaded my first TSS shells last spring after having purchased my Affinity 3. I did have issues with those shells feeding. I might try loading some 2 3/4" shells to see if that works or trim a little more off the 3" hulls.
I did trim the 3" some. I believe most of my rolled shells have an overall length of about 2-9/16"
I'm hoping this is short enough.

Did you happen to try to load one in the magazine, hit the mag release button and manually cycle one? I'm just curious if this is an accurate way to try them without shooting a bunch of shells trying to make sure each round I loaded works...

huntinsomd

I didn't try that...but my shells are longer than factory ones. I'll have to check it out a little more. This hasn't been a high priority for me since I am concentrating more on .410's and 28's. I'll let you know what I find with my Franchi setup.

TTG

Looks great! Did you have to have any gunsmith work done or did the sumtoy base work with the factory drilled holes?

Bustabeak

Quote from: TTG on March 14, 2020, 09:05:52 PM
Looks great! Did you have to have any gunsmith work done or did the sumtoy base work with the factory drilled holes?
The sumtoy fit perfectly! That was one reason I chose the franchi, because the gun was already drilled.

huntinsomd

Quote from: Bustabeak on March 14, 2020, 08:23:55 PM
Quote from: huntinsomd on March 14, 2020, 08:20:17 PM
I did trim the 3" some. I believe most of my rolled shells have an overall length of about 2-9/16"
I'm hoping this is short enough.

Did you happen to try to load one in the magazine, hit the mag release button and manually cycle one? I'm just curious if this is an accurate way to try them without shooting a bunch of shells trying to make sure each round I loaded works...

I tried to manually cycle my handloads through the gun with no success. My shells measured 2 11/16" (1-7/8 oz). The Apex shells measured 2 9/16" and Federal HW measured 2 5/8" for reference. These measurements were taken with a basic measuring tape (maybe not precise). Next time I handload for the 20ga, I'll have to try to shorten the finished product!

Kygobblergetter

If you decide to get rid of one choke or the other let me know...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Hoot 000

Got the same gun just in Black doesn't look as good as yours, also I have the Indian Creek choke 555, I have a TruGlo on mine haven't had any problems shooting Federal and TSS 300 shot 10 inch circle at 40 yards. The shells are hard to load in the magazine because it is so narrow, also the Apex TSS same to be a tad long

SOCOM304

Mossy Oak Greenleaf and original Bottomland are unbeatable!!! Really fine looking Franchi ya have. You couldn't of set it up any better. Best of luck to ya this spring and many more. Safe hunting!

bigbird

Bustabeak