OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mike Yingling Fans

Started by Rzrbac, January 28, 2017, 03:18:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rzrbac

I believe I have my crystal call figured out and need a copper to complete my arsenal.  It appears Mr. Yingling is the gold standard when it comes to copper pots.  I have been looking at old posts and some of his sound files and can't make up my mind.  I'm leaning toward a copper over slate in a cast unless he pulls out some crazy wood I haven't seen like a burl. What are your favorite Yingling pots?  I should also go on to say many years ago I had one of the first Primos aluminum calls.  As for a turkey sound it wasn't the greatest but it would ring the timber and literally pull a gobbler out of a birds mouth. For those of you who know what I'm talking about, that's kind of the sound I'm looking for.  Thanks.

letinmfly

I have one of Mike's Cholla cactus copper calls and it sounds great!!  Definitely go with one of his cast pots.
Captain of the former Gobble Kings

wvmntnhick

Best thing I can tel you is to simply contact the man and let him know what you're looking for. He'll take care of you. I think there's still one listed in the classifieds if I'm not mistaken. Don't quote me on that though. I've got a couple of his cast pots and you can't beat the way they look. ive got several of Mike's calls and they're all turkey, no doubt about it.

Dr Juice

Quote from: letinmfly on January 28, 2017, 03:54:51 AM
I have one of Mike's Cholla cactus copper calls and it sounds great!!  Definitely go with one of his cast pots.
X2

Ol timer

If you want a copper that sounds unique Mikes 3" pots are all hen in side loaded with rasp for yelps or soft enough to do purrs and clucks. I have his copper over slate in Burnt Ash and it will be in my vest on every trip. In my opinion Mike nailed it on his copper pots.

sbbow

I have his cast and walnut copper pots. They are fantastic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fieldturkey

mossyhorn2

I have one of Mike's black ash burl, and a burn't ash. They all sound turkey and look great. You won't go wrong with any of Mike's calls.

hunter22

Mike Yingling and copper go together. His cast cactus are my favorites.

MG150

Go down to Pot call soundfiles,Mike has a YouTube video of what his different surfaces sound like

deercamp

How do I get in contact with Mike Yingling?  Does he have a website?  Ty

hunter22

Here are my Yingling cast cactus calls. Copper, slate, glass, and titanium playing surfaces. All great sounding calls but those copper are flat out killers.

Big Guy

Quote from: deercamp on January 28, 2017, 09:40:29 AM
How do I get in contact with Mike Yingling?  Does he have a website?  Ty
I sent him a message on Facebook.  I don't know if he's on here or not.

Dr Juice

He's on here and his profile is M,Yingling

M,Yingling

Thanks Guys  some one needs get hold me drop me a PM ill be intouch as for the cast pots iam only doing them in a 3in copper glass at this time
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey