OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Cracked Crystal Call

Started by callaway71, January 24, 2017, 05:51:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

callaway71

Quote from: MG150 on January 25, 2017, 08:26:07 AM
Lon told me even if I drop it and it breaks to send it back to him,can't ask for more than that.

Lon said he may be able to fix it depending on the pot. From what i can see the pot has no damage. I'll be sending it to him today. We'll see.  Can't ask for more than him willing to attempt to fix it.

TauntoHawk

i cracked a mad hen Jimmy not only fixed it for free but sent me a replacement within two days so I could keep hunting with one and then we swapped them back once the original was fixed.

I clearly broke the call, i fell on it but he fixed it anyways. I consider that above and beyond service
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

M,Yingling

it happens wood pots are going to draw moisture on matter if their sealed or not ,,, I had a call for 3 years but last year every time I got chance hunt in the spring it seemed to rain once season was done i put it call up in call cabinet in house wheir its dry after the season . I picked up that call bout month latter and had crack down middle got damp  then dryed out and cupped  cracked ,,,,
best way tell if a call is fixable once cracked is lay on flat surface and see if pot is cupped one way or other
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

3bailey3

The reason I ask, If the owner drops a call, it's on him if the call cracks while not in use its on the builder. Just my thoughts!

wvmntnhick

Quote from: 3bailey3 on January 25, 2017, 10:29:50 PM
The reason I ask, If the owner drops a call, it's on him if the call cracks while not in use its on the builder. Just my thoughts!
I believe this statement to be about half true. As mentioned above, sealed wood will still draw moisture. It happens. If you're hunting in a damp region or even high humidity, how is it the builders fault that wood does what it does? It will happen to all wood over time. If you're in a place or hunting a lot of wet days, get an acrylic pot of some type and go that route. Then, if it cracks on its own, I'd contact the builder.