turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What Would...

Started by culpeper, January 20, 2017, 12:16:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farmboy27

More time, more birds, and more luck. Last spring I was lacking in all three!  But I really don't see things changing much for me this year in PA.   The population is still not really good, and my Nebraska trip is going to chew up my vacation days. But at least I have my first out of state hunt in 16 years to look forward to and who knows, luck can change in a hurry!

WNCTracker

Getting a double with a good friend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

catman529

Taking a week maybe two weeks vacation time during turkey season this spring. Camping and hunting and fishing with my boat on one of the lakes

BowBendr

I'm praying that the back surgery I had in October will make this spring much more better and rewarding.
I've been pain free for weeks and getting stronger everyday. I really look forward to being able to walk further, sit longer and more still. I am anxious to set up on a gobbler and not have my legs go to sleep or have to crawl over and get him after I kill him. I've not let it stop me before but it sure will be nice to get after them full bore !

WNCTracker

Quote from: BowBendr on January 26, 2017, 11:42:37 AM
I'm praying that the back surgery I had in October will make this spring much more better and rewarding.
I've been pain free for weeks and getting stronger everyday. I really look forward to being able to walk further, sit longer and more still. I am anxious to set up on a gobbler and not have my legs go to sleep or have to crawl over and get him after I kill him. I've not let it stop me before but it sure will be nice to get after them full bore !
This is great.

Jmbradt3873

Quote from: BowBendr on January 26, 2017, 11:42:37 AM
I will say a prayer for you, I have had to adjust after my back surgery. My pain is less but still a constant reminder, the legs going to sleep is definitely a pain(no pun intended). I have not let it slow me down either ;) . I am attempting to get a twenty to work, as the twelve is just too much, looking forward to the longbeards to show up in yellow at the LGS, but no luck so far. Have not reloaded any 20ga so I may have to look into that.
Joe

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

Greg Massey

Good health and just the ability to hunt these great birds. I will never forget my first gobbler.I just enjoy the great outdoors. We can learn a lot from just walking around in the fields and woods and seeing nature at it's finest..

buzzardroost

More time to hunt. A more understanding wife that would allow deep backcountry camping hunting trips in the local big piece of public land.

1iagobblergetter

I would have to say less pressure in having to get back to work. Last year my hunting was text book. It'll be hard to duplicate,but fun trying...

The Cohutta Strutter

Just having a good hunt makes it for me. I still live for the hunt and hope that desire never fades. Every time I step into the woods I ask the Lord to allow me a good safe hunt and then I wait to see what happens. Rarely disappointed.
Anybody seen America lately?

CntrlPA

Less competition. A normal mid week day for me is driving to at least 2-3 spots before i find one that doesn't have a truck parked.

Marc

Access to property with birds...  Any public land that holds birds in CA has more hunters on it than turkeys...  Garnering access to private land is a trying experience.
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

Cut N Run

I will be helping a new turkey hunter shorten his learning curve.  My journey has been a long one and I can definitely teach him what not to do. I look forward to calling his first gobbler in and seeing him call his first in. 

I hope to get plenty of time to hunt with my best friend.  We've been friends since we were 9-10 years old and we've hunted together for 45 years.  Turkeys die when we get together.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

Gooserbat

I'd say not much.  I hunt more than most. Travel to differet states, have a decent number of birds around home and access to over 40k acers within 45 minutes of my house.  Probably the only thing is if my friends and family could get away as much as I to be able to hunt together.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Rio Fan

I wish I could hunt during the week. I hunt public ground and it gets pounded on the weekends. I also wish I didn't have to drive over an hour to get to the closest turkey spots. However, I still have numerous exciting hunts every spring so I really can't complain.