OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What equipment has made you more effective.

Started by Gooserbat, January 05, 2017, 06:39:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farmboy27

Quote from: Happy on January 05, 2017, 08:05:27 PM
Blinds, and decoy flocks. They keep most of the hunters close to their cars and immobile.

Sent from my SM-G800R4 using Tapatalk
:agreed:

Boykin Hollow

Toilet paper to answer the call !!!!!!!!!!!

Yoder409

Red dot optics
Realtree camo
Modern shotshell technology
Modern choke tube technology
Gooserbat's Heckler diaphragm
wet wipes
my home-made shooting stick

.................to mention a few.......

Now............... when I started............ the only camo was woodland.  Guns with interchangeable choke tubes were the exception rather than the norm.  The ONLY sight on ANY shotgun was a single front bead.   Magnum shotshells were not buffered.  There were two brands of turkey calls, PERIOD, to be found anywhere near where I live.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Double B

Rainchalk was a great find for me.  And spring fishing and turkey hunting go great together, so a boat, or better yet a buddy with a boat.  :funnyturkey:
Followed by buzzards

GobbleNut

The computer and the internet.  Sharing information, thoughts, and ideas with all of you guys has done more to make me more effective than anything else!   :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

guesswho

Quote from: GobbleNut on January 19, 2017, 10:15:05 PM
The computer and the internet.  Sharing information, thoughts, and ideas with all of you guys has done more to make me more effective than anything else!   :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
Your welcome! :TooFunny:
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

BB30

As noted earlier a good pair of snake boots. Had never worn them until two seasons ago. Shockingly opening day that season I got popped by a cotton mouth crossing a beaver dam to get to a gobbling turkey. Wasn't paying attention as my mind was fixated on where I needed to set up. He was right in the middle of the dam in plain view. Hit about 1/2 way up the boot. I used to just wear old regular rubber boots and would have been toast still scared me to death.

renegade19

Quote from: BB30 on January 20, 2017, 03:40:34 PM
As noted earlier a good pair of snake boots. Had never worn them until two seasons ago. Shockingly opening day that season I got popped by a cotton mouth crossing a beaver dam to get to a gobbling turkey. Wasn't paying attention as my mind was fixated on where I needed to set up. He was right in the middle of the dam in plain view. Hit about 1/2 way up the boot. I used to just wear old regular rubber boots and would have been toast still scared me to death.

I would have needed some of Boykin Hollow's toilet paper and maybe an electric shock to the heart!

About stepped on a copperhead two years ago.  We went our separate ways.  He'd have been carrying some Hevi shot with him but I was on my way to a bird at the time!

GobbleNut

Quote from: guesswho on January 20, 2017, 08:48:22 AM
Quote from: GobbleNut on January 19, 2017, 10:15:05 PM
Your welcome! :TooFunny:
...And you, Ronnie, have been right at the top of the list,...or at least somewhere on the list....  ;D :toothy9:

guesswho

It's not the spot on the list that I wonder about.   I wonder more about which list I'm on.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff