OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What's in your vest

Started by Britton40, January 19, 2017, 08:12:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Britton40

Left to right

Spring Allure Shedua Slate over Glass with a Fred Cox hickory striker

Gary Anderson Canarywood Glass with a Harold Fowler persimmon striker

Gary Anderson Padauk Ceramic with a Harold Fowler black locust striker

If I had to choose one, it would be the Spring Allure Slate.

Bowhuntr73

Those two Daybreaks will be coming along with me quite often this year. His shedua aluminum will compliment the trio!! Never tried a Spring Allure though, not yet anyways!!

MK M GOBL

I carry 2 pot calls, a Cody World Class Slate that I have had for 21 years and an old MAD Aluminum call...

MK M GOBL

Jbird22

Top left: Andy Kaiser Curly Maple Ceramic
Top right: Andy Kaiser Redheart Bronze Glass
Bottom left: Doug Morgan Yellowheart Slate
Bottom right: Doug Morgan Padauk Glass
Far right: Sadler McGraw Purr Pot

Strikers: Harold Fowler Pacific Dogwood & 2 pc Snakewood, Wendell Rye Dymondwood, Fred Cox Canarywood, Dad's Purpleheart & Osage, Andy Kaiser Ipe,   Sadler McGraw Purr Pot striker

Got another one or two on the way that might bump/join these.  :)

beakbuster10

Halloran sugartown sweetness
Roberts ceramic in a maple pot
Schaffer blue mahoe
Dawkins stoned aluminum

Fowler two piece snakewood
Lewis snakewood
Cox tulipwood
Sinclair Osage
Schaffer 2 piece dymondwood
Halloran Purple Heart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OHturkey85

Lonnie Sneed hot hen
Halloran Crystal mistress
Lonzo's yellow heart aluminum over aluminum
Bill Lyman's deadly double in a walnut pot

Strikers
Harold Fowler two piece in ipe,tulipwood,and black locust
Two piece diamond wood
Two piece macassar ebony
Bill Lyman dymalux

Bowguy

Some good calls, mine varies day to day. Def at least a couple aluminums, prob one of em stoned, a glass n crystal. That plus a scratch box or two n mouth calls. The only consistants are a Schafer aluminum and either his Mad Hen 2 or Hallorans Crystal Mistress as well as SS scratchers

dejake

Crystal Mistress
Sinclair Titanium
Lights Out Slate

davisd9

Loftis Crystal Screamer and Halloran Wenge/Walnut Slate

Strikers: Fowler Snakewood with Osage top, Fowler Apitong with Persimmon top, Halloran Wenge, Loftis Carbon Ipe, and Light's Out Cedar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

vt35mag

This year I am going to try and only use what I have bought since the close of the 2016 spring season.  I've bought a ton of calls and they are still coming in.  These are what I THINK is going to be in the vest on opening morning.

Brad Roberts Poplar Bronzed Glass over Aluminum
Schaffer Sapele Alum over Alum
Halloran Metal Mouth
Kaiser Redheart Bronzed Glass over Glass

wvmntnhick

Handful of Yingling pots (titanium, crystal, slate, aluminum) all paired with a Yingling fiber rod, black locust and Lyman tulipwood.

Backup vest has sneed outlaw hen, hot hen, Lonzo crystal acrylic, Yingling brass and copper paired with another black locust and sneed purpleheart.

Vestless shirt has Yingling aluminum and some other water proof call along with a McKinnis long slate.

All have either a box call or a scratch box. At this point main has a Reynolds lil Jenny and backup has a spring creek cherry/bloodwood box. Vestless has a spring creek scratch box. I'm set.

JLH

Usually a brass, copper, a slate and or a crystal or glass.....sometimes a titanium.

A handful of strikers and my 2 turkeys.

Browning87

If I was hunting today my vest would have a corder Osage glass/slate, daybreak shedua aluminum and either a strawser heritage slate or lonzo yellowheart slate/aluminum. I also carry a handful of Lyman strikers with snake wood and ebony being my go to. I also really like Brad Roberts strikers so I normally carry and mascaar ebony and his dymondwood. This could all change though and I do have a backup vest if the weather is going to be wet.

hunter22

I normally carry three pot calls. Most of the time I would choose from this group. Usually about 5 strikers from this group: Lyman, Fowler, Lon Trice, Steve Torman, Dad's, Fred Cox.

Slate---- Lon Trice, Darrin Dawkins, Schaffer, Daybreak, Glen Marrer, Tim Oldham, Bill Lyman, Lonnie Sneed

Glass/Crystal----Lon Trice, Schaffer, Strawser, Kaiser, Jenkins, SS, Lonnie Sneed, Dawkins

Aluminum---Lon Trice, Darrin Dawkins, Schaffer, Lyman, Daybreak

Ceramic----Kaiser, Daybreak, Stumpy

Copper----Yingling, Gresser

Brass----Sinclair

Titanium---Yingling, Sinclair

Kwgoke

As of right now my vest will have these calls in it, although I have two on order with Brad Roberts, debating on ordering a third. Also thinking about a Schaffer ceramic, which any of those could shake things up.

Halloran Purpleheart cedar short box
Brad Roberts Zebrawood glass/aluminum
Jimmy Schaffer Atomic 13
Schaffer Blue Mahoe Crystal/glass
Jimmy Schaffer red hen slate/slate
Bill Lyman cedar slate/glass
Two SS scratch boxes
Lyman strikers: snakewood, persimmon, tulipwood, macassar ebony

Pots that will also see some vest time:
Schaffer Mad Hen 2
Yingling cast copper
Halloran Metal Mouth