OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

New Arrival: Brad Roberts Poplar Bronzed Glass

Started by rbreedi1, January 19, 2017, 05:52:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rbreedi1

Just got this killer in the mailbox! Brad Roberts Poplar Bronzed Glass over Aluminum. Sounds awesome! I know where this one is riding come Spring.

Thunder Ridge Totes

Will_price

Member of The Tenth, since 2005

gergg

I have that same combo and it is awesome....I notice he has changed his sound port hole design, mine has 4 larger holes vs this one that has 8 smaller holes. I had 3 of these in different pots and I liked them all.
https://www.gwaltneygamecalls.com/

Greg Gwaltney Game Calls
2022 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call (Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 2nd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF Grand Nationals - 3rd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF S.E. Call Makers Contest - 4th Place Trumpet Calls

rbreedi1

Quote from: Will_price on January 19, 2017, 06:21:56 PM
How bout a soundfile?

Will, PM me your cell number, I will record you a sound file
Thunder Ridge Totes

rbreedi1

Quote from: gergg on January 19, 2017, 06:39:45 PM
I have that same combo and it is awesome....I notice he has changed his sound port hole design, mine has 4 larger holes vs this one that has 8 smaller holes. I had 3 of these in different pots and I liked them all.

I didn't even notice that until I read your message. I've been too busy running it! I asked Brad and he said he still does both hole designs but is liking this one.
Thunder Ridge Totes

rbreedi1

Quote from: MDTOM84 on January 19, 2017, 08:33:31 PM
I just talked to Brad and he said that your Poplar is as good as mine and he has told me that mine is one of the best Poplar bronzed glass over aluminum that he has made. So you have a true killer in that pot!!!

Yes sir, I can tell this thing will slay some birds! This pot has jumped up to my favorite
Thunder Ridge Totes

rbreedi1

You got a sound file of the Blue Mahoe? I'd like to hear it
Thunder Ridge Totes

Browning87

Hey TJ text me that sound file as well. I like the thought of that combo in a blue mahoe

Bowguy

Is that his new stick style or did you ask for that? I've never been a fan of flared tips

rbreedi1

Quote from: Bowguy on January 20, 2017, 06:49:19 AM
Is that his new stick style or did you ask for that? I've never been a fan of flared tips

I told him to pick. He matched that one after a few days of running different strikers on it. This is his 2 piece dymondwood.  He still makes the other style.
Thunder Ridge Totes

Spitten and drummen

I have the bronzed glass over aluminum in both popular and zebrawood. They are both outstanding,but i personally like the zebrawood with brads 1 piece macassar striker.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

SteelerFan

:icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: It's a good one, for sure. Seems to have a "smoother" sound than the zebrawood. The zebrawood has that nice sharpness to it. Both great.

vt35mag

Awesome pot!  Really like his Granadillo with this call.