turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

I'm Not Man Enough

Started by SinGin, April 06, 2011, 05:12:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reloader

TF is right, 3.5" HV are the most brutal shells I shoot. H13s are pu$$ycats in comparison.

I shoot 20-30 turkey loads at some sessions with nothing but a Past recoil shield and it definitely calls for the bottle of Advil and some R&R afterwards.

You gotta love it...

Hognutz

They will knock the snot outta ya.. :you_rock:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

Tom Foolery

It really takes a bunch of rocket surgeons to use a gun with more recoil than most elephant rifles and go hunt birds with it. 

SinGin

Quote from: Hognutz on April 06, 2011, 06:16:32 PM
They will knock the snot outta ya.. :you_rock:
Now that you mention it, I haven't had to blow my nose since about 1:30 yesterday. So are you guys saying that the Hevi-13's do or do not kick bad because in my personal experience they DO. Oh what I wouldn't give for some Vicodin right about now.

SinGin

Oh, and another thing. Who ever said a ported choke tube helps cut down on recoil is a big fat liar. The tip of my left index finger is still numb from something.

Tom Foolery

The Hevi13's are nothing compared to the Win XR or Win HV 3.5's, they mean.

SinGin

Quote from: Tom Foolery on April 06, 2011, 06:58:39 PM
The Hevi13's are nothing compared to the Win XR or Win HV 3.5's, they mean.
You have got to be kidding. I don't think any shell kicks as bad as those hevi-13's did. After my first shot the first thing that went through my head was  "oh dear Lord I survied the impact"

Tom Foolery

Nope, not joking.        :z-guntootsmiley:

cannonball

A Limbsaver recoil pad will help a lot.

Dbrnmllr

I patterned my SBEII this last weekend.  I shot three 3-1/2" win HVs and saved one for my father in law.  He just looked at me and said with the straightest face I have ever seen "you gotta be f@$":/; insane....... I ain't shooting one of those, I will be in traction for a week!". Funny stuff.

devin4484

Ya hevi-13 aint got nothing on the high velocity winchesters.  3.5" HV are the only shell you will ever see me hunting with.  Have had too many issues with hevi shot.

mightyjoeyoung

Now I have a pretty high threshold for pain but...Put a load of #6 3 1/2" Win. Ext Rng. throught that thing...you'll get to know what true recoil is.  And those 2 1/4 ounce Mag Blends?   :'(  Clacked my teeth together (must be a mouth breather too?) this past Monday and Tuesday my right arm was sore from the shoulder to the tips of my fingers.  I'm all recouped now and I have the next 2 days off so it's back to the range for more self abuse!  Geez...is it required that you have to be into hurting yourself to turkey hunt??!!   :TooFunny:  Lookin at a lead sled as someone said on a previous thread..."I like my right shoulder...It's my favorite!"
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

West Augusta

I slip a towel under my jacket. I did add a Limbsaver this year though.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

lmbhngr

Good luck carrying the lead sled out in the woods with ya!! ;D :lol:

chatterbox

My FIL ended up breaking the stock on his .270 when he dropped it in the woods, and it wasn't the kind of fall that would've broken it.. He had sighted it in with a lead sled. I believe the lead sled weakened the stock.