OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

I'm Not Man Enough

Started by SinGin, April 06, 2011, 05:12:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SinGin

Well been reading on this forum for about a year now and got all caught up in the action. I went out and bought a new barrel, had it polished, bought me a couple of chokes, and some hevi-13 shells. Went out yesterday and set everything up to pattern my shotgun. I was only able to shoot 2 shells through my set up before I found myself curled up in the fetal position crying like a little girl from the recoil of that God forsaken gun. I did manage to get a 220 pellet count out to 40 yards with my gun so that will be just fine with me. My hats off to you nutjobs who enjoy testing every new choke under the sun, but I'm not man enough. Sam

Mag10

I've Got 2 words for this,  "Lead sled"  Marty

hookedspur

Thank you Lord for the lead sled . :icon_thumright:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

doepee

yep lead sled, but I only use a sled to make sure my pattern is on.. I find the magblends kick , so do nitros and winchester hv's and elites but the 1090 fps heavy 13s to me isn't to much at all. After shooting the others these are the baby shells ;D

SinGin

I had a gentelman tell me one time that leadsleads are bad about spliting stock right behind the reciever, any truth to that? And what do you all use to wiegh it down with?

Hognutz

Obviously, you guys can't take much pain..
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

Tom Foolery

Suck it up buttercup!   LOL  Just kidding

I have not fired a 3.5" Nitro, but those dang Win XR's are some bad mamma jammas.  The last one I fired I must have had my mouth open a little bit, must be a mouth breather :) , and I swear I thought I chipped my dang teeth.

Hognutz

The Win. Hi-Velocity's are worse. They are 1300 F.P.S. For a factory load, they are not fit for man nor beast..
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

doepee

I put 3 --25lb bags of lead shot on my sled...

mcgruff1533

I don't have a lead sled, but I do wear my soft body armor when pattern testing.

You still feel the recoil, but it's nowhere near as bad as shooting with the buttpad against your shoulder.   

bbcoach

ONE WORD------------------------------------LIMBSAVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Borden811

The dumbest thing i've ever done in my 30 years of life, was touch off one of those winchester high velocity 3.5 inch no. 4's out of a Mossy 835 tactical. It's pretty much an 18inch piece of steel pipe, bolted to some plastic with a 1/2 inch piece of hard rubber on top of that for a 'recoil pad". I hit myself in the cheekbone so hard, I swore half my face fell off, and the gun ejected the shell all by itself, just like a semi! The hevi 13's out of my ]Benelli SBEII are a dream compared to that!

snapper1982

everyone has different tollerances for recoil. get a lead sled and you will be fine sighting in. just wondering. what gun do you have?

SinGin

Quote from: snapper1982 on April 06, 2011, 06:02:49 PM
everyone has different tollerances for recoil. get a lead sled and you will be fine sighting in. just wondering. what gun do you have?
I have a remington 870 shooting 3 1/2, 2 1/4 oz shot #6. I've always been able to take recoil pretty well but yesterday took the cake. Thanks goodness they only kick on paper.

Tom Foolery

Quote from: SinGin on April 06, 2011, 06:07:20 PM
I have a remington 870 shooting 3 1/2, 2 1/4 oz shot #6. I've always been able to take recoil pretty well but yesterday took the cake. Thanks goodness they only kick on paper.

Shooting the Hevi13's?  If so you really owe it to yourself to get some of the Win XR's or Win HV's in 3.5" and touch a few off in a t-shirt.  You'll be letting 8yr olds hunt with H13's after that cause, "no, these don't kick."