OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Another Killer

Started by Will_price, January 15, 2017, 10:36:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will_price

I've strayed away from anodized aluminum because the stoned doesn't go slick and it grabs better. But when I played this jewel I had to have it! It's a Zircote anodized aluminum over aluminum. I'll add a sound file shortly.
Member of The Tenth, since 2005

hunter22

Awesome call Will. I got a Ziricote crystal over aluminum from Lon at Unicoi. He sure makes a fine pot call. Not a bad guy either as you well know.

Spitten and drummen

Man thats a fine pot call. I picked up a crystal in acrylic and a aluminum in yellowheart from him. It is hard to beat lons pots.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

hawk

Will_price

Member of The Tenth, since 2005

gergg

Another nice one Will, always fun to hear them. At Unicoi I picked up one of Lon's pots to try, turned out to be a Cocobolo Stoned aluminum/aluminum....dang, it was so good I didn't dare lay it down, it came home with me, it is VERY good. I always avoided aluminum pots, but decided to try this one and glad I did, it grips great, and will roll over with ease even playing softly.
https://www.gwaltneygamecalls.com/

Greg Gwaltney Game Calls
2022 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call (Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 2nd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF Grand Nationals - 3rd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF S.E. Call Makers Contest - 4th Place Trumpet Calls

Clardh

There wasn't a pot call from Lon I didn't like! I picked up his stoned aluminum in an acrylic pot.  :icon_thumright:

Spitten and drummen

I have his yellowheart aluminum and its hard to beat but i just ordered this same combo from him.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Jgarrett

I talked to Lon the other day, and he was telling me about how great those Zircote pots were sounding.
John Garrett IV
The Panhandle of Florida

mgm1955