OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

changing it up.

Started by 200racing, April 06, 2011, 05:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

200racing

the first box of shell i bought to hunt with was remington premeir mags #6 3in. i  got ok patterns on paper 120+ in 10" at 30yds and right under 90 in 10" at 40yds. i set 40 as my personal limit. on the fourth i got a chance at my first bird. he was right inside of 40yds i aimed at the feather line on the neck and let him have it straight on.
he rocked back then turned and flew.i recovered him about 140yds away. it was in the field which made it a much easier job.
i started doing a euro mount on him yesterday and found and pellet had hit him right between the eye sbut did not have enough energy to go in. it pushed a small chip in just a little and recceted out. i will keep the remi's i have left for very tight woods setup 25yds-. but i dont want to chance losing a bird
i know have a box of win. hv #5 3in to go pattern. i hoping for more energy so maybe it will go into the brain and drop him. will report 10" numbers after shooting.
weatherby pa-08.undertaker choke.tru-glo tru bead.
win. hv #5 3in
rem. premeir mag. #6 3in

turkeys aren't hard to kill....they're hard to kill legally.

Tom Foolery

I know a lot of people roll birds at 40+ with lead and I don't doubt them one second.  I feel much better with #5's in lead if they will hold a pattern.

stinkpickle

Any pellet coming out of a Win HV round shouldn't have any problem with energy at 40 yards.  That's why they feel so good on your shoulder.   ;)

3" 870 Shell Shucker

QuoteThat's why they feel so good on your shoulder.

:TooFunny: