OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Thanx to Lonnie Gilbert

Started by Marc, April 05, 2017, 11:22:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marc

Last year, I purchased my first scratcher from Lonnie Gilbert (Buckeye calls), and was pleasantly surprised what a scratcher can do...

Unfortunately, I broke the call (due to my own carelessness).  When I called him to purchase a new, call, he first tried to talk me out of it, saying he could probably fix it...  I figured, I would like another of his calls anyways, so I told him, I would send a check and the broken call...

Well, he let me know that he sent out the new call before getting my check, so that I might have the opportunity to hunt with it this weekend...

I have talked on the phone with him several times, swapping turkey stories and such, and my impression, is that he is just a plain good guy.

I know I will pick up some other scratchers (as I now have the itch), but I also know that one of his will always be in my vest (or shirt pocket).  He makes a dam good sounding call.
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

silverspur

I have met Lonnie and he is a true gentleman and he makes a great scratch box as well. :icon_thumright:
Longbeards / Sharp Spurs

TauntoHawk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Marc

So I got the new call, and love it...  Butternut.  High-pitched on the edges, and a very nice moderate pitch in the middle of the tone board.  Great low-end clucks, putts, and purrs, and it has some really nice volume on the yelps.

And...  Lonnie sent me a text that he was able to fix the original call that I carelessly broke.

Obviously a man who takes pride in his work and customer service.
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.