turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

870 forend wrench

Started by agent eight seven O, January 09, 2017, 05:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

agent eight seven O

Hey guys, looking to change the stock on my 20 gauge 870. Having a hard time locating a forend wrench. Any tips on where to find one?

Greg Massey

All you need is a pair of needle nose pliers ...it will remove it...look on youtube and you will see a video on how to remove it...i removed mine with N N pliers

mwr

Quote from: Greg Massey on January 09, 2017, 09:39:11 PM
All you need is a pair of needle nose pliers ...it will remove it...look on youtube and you will see a video on how to remove it...i removed mine with N N pliers
:icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: That's what I used!!! They have the tool at Brownell's but its 40 buck..

FLGobstopper

Quote from: agent eight seven O on January 09, 2017, 05:00:01 PM
Hey guys, looking to change the stock on my 20 gauge 870. Having a hard time locating a forend wrench. Any tips on where to find one?

I have the tool I'd let go for half what they normally run tyd. If you're interested let me know. Or if you're near Jacksonville, FL and want to just borrow it you're welcome to do that as well.

longislandloco

The plier trick works great!
"A man ought to have a good shotgun, needn't be an expensive shotgun, just a good shotgun".....Old Moe

Sand Man

I use two small flat head screw drivers and bigger one run between the two to make a H if you will to turn the nut.  Kind of a PIA, but works for me.  Getting the nut to thread back on is a different story. 

Let the little twenty EAT!!!!