turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What ever happend to Jebs chokes?

Started by Mag10, April 06, 2011, 03:51:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mag10

Did his mouth write a check his bank couldn't cash?

mmusso

Going to pop some popcorn and wait for this...
:TrainWreck1:

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

mightyjoeyoung

Quote from: Mag10 on April 06, 2011, 03:51:42 PM
Did his mouth write a check his bank couldn't cash?

Ouchie!!  That hurt MY feelings.   :TooFunny:
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

ILIKEHEVI-13

He got all choked up over patterns that his chokes couldn't duplicate.  And they were 1/2 to 3/4 less than what his chokes were.   :z-guntootsmiley:

BrowningGuy88

Guys, jebchokes beat a dead horse and was chastised ... This is the same exact thing. Let it go.

lmbhngr

I don`t get it..... Was the product sub-par???? Is he out of business???

Wolfpack

The simple truth is that Jimmy got on here and stuck his foot in his mouth
a few times. Jimmy didn't understand forum etiquette and didn't even have
an email address, then a well meaning friend of his got on and everyone
thought Jimmy was using an alias.
Anyway Jeb's chokes are alive and well. I will probably post some targets
down the road if no one objects, but right now it's turkey season and
my time is at a premium between Hunting, work, and working in the Turkey
shop.

For the record I don't have a dog in this hunt. Both Bobby and Jimmy are friends of mine and I have nothing to gain by promoting their products.
I am using a Jeb's .665 choke in my 870 and it patterns well for me.
In time the Jeb's chokes will develop into a mainstay along with the
other fine Chokes on the market. I did talk to them about the high price
and told them they had to decide wether they wanted to sell hundreds or
thousands. I think the final product line, price and market will decide this.
enough said.
Dewey

mcgruff1533

Well said Wolfpack!    You hit on all mthe major points brought up by multiple forum members including myself.     I truly wish Jeb's Chokes the best, and I certainly hope they can develop a strong following similar to Indian Creek, Pure Gold, Kicks and even Primos.

In this day and age, the internet is a huge way to get your business off the ground, or torpedo it depending on how you market yourself.    If done properly, customers will flock to your business.    If done improperly, well... we just saw what happens when marketing is done improperly.

Best of luck to Jeb's Chokes, and I hope they're able to re-introduce their product line in a proper manner!

Mag10

Quote from: mcgruff1533 on April 08, 2011, 08:48:37 AM
Well sait Wolfpack!    You hit on all mthe major points brought up by multiple forum members including myself.     I truly wish Jeb's Chokes the best, and I certainly hope they can develop a strong following similar to Indian Creek, Pure Gold, Kicks and even Primos.

In this day and age, the internet is a huge way to get your business off the ground, or torpedo it depending on how you market yourself.    If done properly, customers will flock to your business.    If done improperly, well... we just saw what happens when marketing is done improperly.

Best of luck to Jeb's Chokes, and I hope they're able to re-introduce their product line in a proper manner!

Thanks "Wolfpack" for the update,  wish them all the best, and keep us updated we are always looking for the better mouse trap.

archery1

even no its turkey season for these guys,, u would think they would speek up and show some pics of there patterns..  ???? i read some post here on these jebs and they were heated.......now i dont understand why they havent promoted there products during season???they must work in a machine shop  and just made  a few  for now and wanted to see if they could sell  some?? not sure.. i have nothing bad to say and dont take this the worong way.. if i were to make a choke i would be  sure to post pics of all different guns i shoot, shells and all and then try to sell them.. and after they were well known maybe charge more like the other companies?????? lol.. just seems like a new choke for well over 100 was crazy.. and they will have a hard time getting the respect from the og guys on here now.. i do wish them the best and i hope someday everybody can just get along ??????
Take a kid hunting