Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What thread size for benelli nova 20gauge?

Started by Remturkey, February 10, 2011, 11:22:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Remturkey

I'm a Remington man but I'm getting a Benelli Nova youth 20 gauge in a trade. What choke thread size do I need to fit this gun? Anybody have any experience with patterning one?

msgobblergetter

Quote from: Remturkey on February 10, 2011, 11:22:25 AM
I'm a Remington man but I'm getting a Benelli Nova youth 20 gauge in a trade. What choke thread size do I need to fit this gun? Anybody have any experience with patterning one?

Benelli Nova excepts Mobile choke threads.  Most mobile chokes say Ber/Ben on the label.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: Remturkey on February 10, 2011, 11:22:25 AM

Yes. I find that the 3" Hevi-13 shells with 1.25 oz of #6 though the Swarm 20 gauge turkey choke have given me my best results in that gun. I'm sure the #7 shot would also be excellent but I've not shot any of those through the 20 gauge Benelli. I've shot them through Remigton and Mossberg with that choke and the patterns are excellent.

I've also had good patterns with that gun, that shell and the chokes from Pure Gold and Rhino.

As have already been stated, the Nova uses the Benelli/Beretta Mobil thread pattern.

Thanks,
Clark

"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."