turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Best copper call

Started by Turkey_killer, January 01, 2017, 01:47:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

allchokedup

I'm a Daryl Slaton fan, love his copper pot call.

Techn9cian02

Yingling cast cactus

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Dr Juice

I have a Yingling and it talks awesome turkey ... and looks and feels great.

hunter22

Quote from: Dr Juice on January 02, 2017, 08:45:54 AM
I have a Yingling and it talks awesome turkey ... and looks and feels great.

Awesome call. I have probably owned 20 copper pot calls and I have not found one I like better than Mike's cast calls. I have called in and killed several nice gobblers with mine. That is the true test for the call. 

HFultzjr

Mike Yingling!

I don't think Mike could make a bad call if he tried...............LOL
At least he wouldn't try and sell it!

:z-winnersmiley:

jjnfla

Quote from: West Augusta on January 01, 2017, 06:06:42 PM
Frank Kruer makes the best but he doesn't make them anymore.  X2

wvmntnhick

As always, my money goes to Mike Yingling. Love mine and haven't heard one any better to this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtns2hunt

Please excuse my ignorance but what is so special about a copper call over a glass or slate. I have never used a copper call. Trying to find a sound file. I will look on you tube.
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

Dr Juice

Hello mtns2hunt. I cannot confirm that copper has any magic to it, but I will say this: I always prefer to have different surface pots in my arsenal with several different strikers as well to get a Thunderchicken to holler and ready to play. Just my $.02.

ncwoodsman

Another vote for Mike Yingling! Love mine and it talks pure turkey!

Techn9cian02

Quote from: mtns2hunt on January 02, 2017, 10:51:44 PM
Please excuse my ignorance but what is so special about a copper call over a glass or slate. I have never used a copper call. Trying to find a sound file. I will look on you tube.
Copper produces a unique pitch and is pretty low maintenance compared to certain surfaces

wvmntnhick

I've not personally seen where it takes less maintenance but I'll agree that it has a sound all its own. Just put mine in my "backup" vest but I'm certain it's going to flip flop throughout the season. Heck, I'm not really certain that my backup vest won't see equal time this season.

pauld

sixbird

I just bought a 3 1/4" copper in a laminated birds eye maple and walnut at the Unicoi show. The guy's name is Scott from Bearded Hen Turkey Calls. He's relatively new to marketing his calls but he's got it down! That little thing has the sweetest yelps you've ever heard!
If you need a nice call, he's got a bunch of them and Scott and his wife Lora are a couple of the nicest people you could meet. Scott goes by Mossyhorn2 on O/G.

Smooth_Operator

My best cooper calls that usually ride in my vest are Mike Yingling copper and a Misfire (Lee Chadwick) copper in Sapele pot...

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep,  
But I have promises to keep,  
And miles to go before I sleep,  
And miles to go before I sleep."