OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

A call I never hear about?

Started by Bowguy, March 23, 2017, 02:38:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bowguy

Lots of guys rave over Strawser.,Midwest has or had(idk) some in the catalog. How come no one talks about em?? Just wondering

jjnfla

I got both Strawser calls midwest has or had and both are what you would expect from Pat.
Both are great calls easy to run.

Gobbleandgrunt

And easy to get ordered and shipped!!

TauntoHawk

It seems most of the calls that are talked about on here are usually the hard to get ones. Becuase the scarcity adds something

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Cwcook68

Just got a Hanks zebrawoood glass over slate , it's so easy to run and sounds as good as my Twisted sisters.

Bowguy

Quote from: TauntoHawk on March 23, 2017, 06:14:07 PM
It seems most of the calls that are talked about on here are usually the hard to get ones. Becuase the scarcity adds something

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
This is true but doesn't always make em better.

New Yorker

On these forums, people tend to talk highly of calls that they like when they like or are friends with the call maker. There are a couple of call makers that have, "marketing assistants" here on this site that rave about every call the call maker makes.
I've seen more comments on the forums over the years that suggest Pat's customer service skills may not be the best. If that's truly the case, that could have an impact on people not wanting to speak up for his calls. I doubt he's a part of any of the good old boy clicks on these forums. His calls are second to none. He has the customer success and National awards to prove it. I had one of his calls and lost it! Still kicking myself over that.

outdoors

Hey New Yorker what call that u liked . Thanks
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Bowguy

Quote from: New Yorker on March 23, 2017, 08:12:48 PM
On these forums, people tend to talk highly of calls that they like when they like or are friends with the call maker. There are a couple of call makers that have, "marketing assistants" here on this site that rave about every call the call maker makes.
I've seen more comments on the forums over the years that suggest Pat's customer service skills may not be the best. If that's truly the case, that could have an impact on people not wanting to speak up for his calls. I doubt he's a part of any of the good old boy clicks on these forums. His calls are second to none. He has the customer success and National awards to prove it. I had one of his calls and lost it! Still kicking myself over that.
I don't know bout that? Marketing assistants? Fans of certain makers style maybe but that's someone's perogitive. I don't believe anyone on here is dishonest in the least.
Pats customer service skills are way lacking, a part of his business he needs to work on,  that being said other guys are too n I don't think anyone would be ashamed to say they have his calls.
They were in Midwest for the taking I was wondering why, since they're so hard to get, hasn't anyone talked about them?

Txag12

Been looking hard at his American chestnut and cherry slate but ain't heard any reviews on it.

New Yorker

I was approached via eBay by a gentlemen wanting to buy my calls in bulk to resell for a profit. He claimed that he loved dealing with sporting goods and specializes in marketing. I instantly turned him down. If you read through enough of the posts in this section you will quickly and quite easily determine who it is. I think its a very shady way to sell calls and it is most certainly being done in this forum.