turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Schaffer,, Atomic 13 or Aluminum Sapele decision,need opinions

Started by Happy hooker, January 01, 2017, 10:28:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Happy hooker

I'm getting one of em,,,I'm only interested in which one will put meat on the table better. Not interested in beauty. The Sapele youtube sounds awesome the Atomic has a ton of swear by posts on this site.
Love to hear your input,experience.

BABS9

I've had an atomic 13 and have a sapele alum. Both are awesome calls. I give a slight edge to the sapele. It has some of the most realsistic clucks and cuts I've heard. Yelp is nice and raspy. Atomic 13 is great as well though. It's got a sound all in its own. Only reason I no longer have it is the pup got to it lol.

jed clampett

I have the sapele...great sounding call.....does Jimmy still sell the atomic 13?

wvmntnhick

I don't have the sapele but I've got an atomic 13. I like it. Its better than the Halloran aluminum I have. It's not the aluminum I reach for first but to be honest, I'm not a fan of anodized aluminum. Love that it kills the glare but aside from that, I dislike anodized aluminum.

Jroddc

I've owned both like the Sapele better not saying anything bad about the atomic 13 but definitely prefer the Sapele

Bowguy

I have both. Can't say I like one better than the other. Great calls

Bowhuntr73

I agree with Bowguy, but to put an advantage would be the sapele. They (Atomic 13 and sapele aluminum) both rock!!

Snood Life

jjnfla

I like the sapele better but the atomic 13 is a great call.

vt35mag

MikeStaten

birdhunterdave

Might check with Jimmy and see if he has any tiger maple alum over alum left. One mighty fine call imo. I also have an atomic 13 and love it.