OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

1 15/16 spur

Started by longhorn, April 06, 2011, 11:41:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longhorn

Probably not the right spot to post this but everybody has been so helpfull getting  my 835 ready to hunt that I wanted to share. I left for a hunt outside Junction, TX Friday and came back Tuesday after morning hunt. I got three with the biggest weighing 21 lbs. It had a 9 1/4 inch beard and 1 15/16 inch spur and 1 3/4 inch spur. The lease manager measured the biggest spur at 2 inches. The spurs were not only long but had a lot of mass. The second bird had 1 1/4 inch spurs and 8 1/2 inch beard. The temperature went from 93 degrees Sunday to 35 degrees Tuesday morning with winds up to 35 or 40 mph. I saw a bunch of turkey(as many as 19 one evening) but they were not  talking much because it was windy every day. I'm sure the big tom will be my biggest bird ever. Two of the shots were over 40 yds. Thanks again for all the help.

pullit

congrats on 3 great birds.

Bwk

Congrats on your birds! How about some pics of those spurs?

Reloader

Nice birds.  Those are definitely some great hooks!  Congrats

sugarray

:anim_65: :anim_65:

AWESOME and congratulations on a great bird.  That is a mounter if you are able.  Post up some pics PLEASE!

neal

Quote from: Bwk on April 06, 2011, 11:46:55 AM
Congrats on your birds! How about some pics of those spurs?

+1 pics would be awesome!
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

Gobble!

mr meat

870supermagnum

Congratulations on your very successful hunt.  Post some pics for us to get the visual stimulation we crave.  :icon_thumright:

spur collector

Congrats on a very successful hunt.

va longbeard

Thats a trophy, I have only killed one bird with spurs longer than 1 1/2 inches.

Post some pics please!

WyoHunter

If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

trkehunr93

Post some pics!  I went to TX last spring, hunted April 1st thru 3rd, was in Crockett County i believe.  Birds were not very vocal either, the outfitter told me that it generally picks up the 2nd week in april down there.  Still filled two tags!

TalksToTurkeys

Quote from: 870supermagnum on April 06, 2011, 12:32:16 PM
Congratulations on your very successful hunt.  Post some pics for us to get the visual stimulation we crave.  :icon_thumright:
Yes, Please do.  :z-guntootsmiley:

Smart longbeard