turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Lonzo

Started by LongSpur440, December 23, 2016, 09:14:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LongSpur440

I'm looking to pickup one of lonzo calls. I'm thinking either a slate or aluminum? What are some of you guys favorite combos? If you could pick jus one ,which one? Thx

Bowguy

Absolutely aluminum. I'd pick that surface by any maker though being its prob my fav surface. Often makes em gobble when other calls won't.
Slate might be easier for some guys to run though. Rough aluminum is easier than slick.

outdoors

aluminum over aluminum
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

hunter22

I have several of Lon's pot calls. One of my favorites is a bronzed glass over aluminum in a Blue Mahoe pot. There is one like it in the classifieds now.

BABS9

I snagged that blue mahoe yesterday. Can't wait to get it! Looking for an aluminum now.

OHturkey85

Aluminum over aluminum I have two of them one is anodized and one with the stoned surface in a acrylic pot they both sound awesome!

LongSpur440

Thx for the replies. Are the acrylic or wood pots better?

1iagobblergetter

Either will definitely call turkeys. I have a couple of his wood aluminums and also one acrylic alum/alum. If I could only have one to hunt I'd pick the acrylic. I'm definitely more of a fan of wood because of the character and uniqueness of each call,but believe the elements don't effect acrylic like is possible with wood.

3bailey3

I agree with the acrylic, just got it and have not hunted it yet, but sounds great, I hope it will hold up to the elements of the season, some metal calls I have used before do not act right with the changing of weather conditions

Daddy rat

Got a black acrylic anodized aluminum  today for a Christmas gift... I have several aluminum calls that are good but this call hands down best aluminum I've owned. 

yelpy

Quote from: LongSpur440 on December 23, 2016, 04:55:48 PM
Thx for the replies. Are the acrylic or wood pots better?

Lon prefer's his wood calls to hunt with over the acrylic. He said the wood has a more natural tone.

You can't go wrong with his wood or acrylic calls though. 

Wvgobbler

I have several calls from Lon and they are all fantastic. You won't be disappointed with whatever you choose.

Bowhuntr73

He makes some dandies for sure!

gergg

I just got one of Lon's Cocobolo Stoned Alum/Alum call and it is the best pot I have ever run, and I have run a bunch....great call, and it sounds awesome with every striker I own. I have to say that I picked up the call at Unicoi to run because MDTOM84 loves them so much, I was not expecting much, but was wowed quickly and could not put it down.
https://www.gwaltneygamecalls.com/

Greg Gwaltney Game Calls
2022 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call (Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 2nd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF Grand Nationals - 3rd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF S.E. Call Makers Contest - 4th Place Trumpet Calls

Techn9cian02

My money must not be as good as everyone else's. I've contacted him 3 times in the last year but can't get a call off him to save my life so I don't care for his calls anymore wouldn't recommend anybody in his direction either, I'd send them anywhere else though

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk