OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Tc Encore Pro Turkey 12 Ga 24"

Started by Hooks' n' Beards', December 16, 2016, 11:40:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hooks' n' Beards'

I just purchased this gun and pick it up Dec 28th.I am now figuring out what i want to put on it for accessories for hunting.Here is what i have decided on so far....
-Bushnell Trophy Xlt 1.75-4x32 Circle X Reticle  Realtree Ap
-The "Claw" sling-Realtree Ap

I plan on shooting "Hevi" shot through it #5 or #6.

I have been thinking of a different choke as well....GT,Pure Gold,Indian Creek,Star Dot....etc.I am a buy one choke and shell combo and be setup for good ....What are you guys using for chokes and shells in your Encore 12 Ga?

Candyman

I have an Encore. Topped with a red dot from BAss Pro. Started with Indian Creek  .660 and Hevi13 2oz of 6's. Kicks like a mule but is deadly on turkeys and a dream to carry in the woods.

Hooks' n' Beards'

I own the original Tc Encore with .50 cal bp barrel and the shotgun bp barrel,i have shot a tom with the shotgun black powder barrel.It was just time for a new gun.I may just use the choke it comes with or a H.S Undertaker hd .675 i already have.Save the coin for an extra box or two of shells to try.I will be in around $1700 Canadian for setup before chokes and shells. 

Tennessee Lead

I would love to add a shotgun barrel to my Encore. Maybe someday ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hooks' n' Beards'

I located the scope and matching rings locally,i will pick them up sometime over the next 10 days.I would like to have gun together by mid January if work schedule allows me the time,still debating on a "different" choke to try....This will be my last Turkey gun purchase for the remainder of my life,i assume.

allaboutshooting

QuoteThis will be my last Turkey gun purchase for the remainder of my life,i assume.

That used to be what I would tell Doris after every new gun "came home with me."

I frankly cant' tell you from personal experience what works best with that gun but I suspect that a JEBS .650 would be an excellent choice.

Many years ago, with the original Encore, I had many readers choose the Wright's #3 with a .650 exit diameter. Those were all word or mouth, from one shooter to another. Depending upon the time frame, they shot Winchester Xtended Range (ouch) or Hevi-13 shells and almost all of them chose #6 shot.

Whatever you choose, I wish you all the best with that great new gun.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

Hooks' n' Beards'

I looked into Jebs,i am not sure i want to invest $150.00 +  Canadian into a choke right now,If i can find others for a bit less.I am already into this setup for a bit more then i originally wanted to spend,i do appreciate the info and was looking into the ssx,jellyhead and maybe a Carlson's for now.I believe it is a Carlson's it comes with.I am hoping to fire a few shells through it in the next month with the choke it comes with and the Undertaker and then go from there.
I am a lead shooter but will be shooting hevi shot through this gun.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: Hooks' n' Beards' on December 17, 2016, 11:37:57 AM
I looked into Jebs,i am not sure i want to invest $150.00 +  Canadian into a choke right now,If i can find others for a bit less.I am already into this setup for a bit more then i originally wanted to spend,i do appreciate the info and was looking into the ssx,jellyhead and maybe a Carlson's for now.I believe it is a Carlson's it comes with.I am hoping to fire a few shells through it in the next month with the choke it comes with and the Undertaker and then go from there.
I am a lead shooter but will be shooting hevi shot through this gun.

Yes, I understand. It's always a good idea to shoot what you have before investing in anything else. I would recommend that you "deep clean" the bore of that new gun before shooting it. That way you'll get a good look at the bore and be able to find out if it likes to be squeaky clean, slightly fouled or fouled to pattern at its best.

Thanks,
Clark

Prohunter3509

Wife bought me one for Christmas last year and I was trying to figure what choke to start with Clark talked me into trying choke that came with barrel .  I did and lb 6's walks tall I am telling you. Hope you enjoy and it is a dream to carry and I used the adjustable sites that came on gun

wirtbowhunter

I tried a cheap undertaker choke in my encore and the pattern is out of this world. I think it was like 20 bucks.

Hooks' n' Beards'

I will definitely be shooting some #6 longbeards and hevi through both chokes and if they legalize #7 shot,I will be shooting the max blend to try it as well.

Hooks' n' Beards'

I just got home from picking my new gun up,would any of you know which weaver base it takes?I thought it was the same as encore but it isnt.I have also decided to try a red dot,either a Bushnell trs or Truglo gobbler stalker,which have you guys used?

Hooks' n' Beards'

Trying to find the correct weaver base in these parts is a joke,no luck yet.I have it narrowed down to the Bushnell 1.75 Circle x,trs 25 or a Truglo gobblerstopper scope.I am very happy with the fit of the gun,but i do want to add optics to it.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: Hooks' n' Beards' on December 23, 2016, 04:28:33 PM
Trying to find the correct weaver base in these parts is a joke,no luck yet.I have it narrowed down to the Bushnell 1.75 Circle x,trs 25 or a Truglo gobblerstopper scope.I am very happy with the fit of the gun,but i do want to add optics to it.
I have a good many years experience with the Truglo "dot" type scopes, including the Gobble-Stopper. All are good products that work as advertised and they have an excellent warranty.
I am not familiar with the Bushnell sight that you mention but I suspect that it's also a good product. I've had many other Bushnell products over the years and they've worked quite well.
Most if not all "dot" type sights today are much better than any were just a few years ago. They are less prone to damage and battery life if much, much longer.
I'm very impressed by the Truglo TRU•TEC™ 20MM RED•DOT SIGHT. It's very small, has so many desirable features, including thousands of hours of battery life and "intelligent" off/on features. It is however quite a bit more expensive that the others.
Lastly, just like your shotgun, I'd look for something that you like with the features that are of real benefit to you and that's within the budget that you've established.

Thanks,
Clark

Hooks' n' Beards'

I want to try a red dot at first,i can buy the Bushnell  trs in Realtree ap hd where i got gun.I am also interested in the gobbler stopper if i can find it in Realtree ap hd as well.