News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Tc Encore Pro Turkey 12 Ga 24"

Started by Hooks' n' Beards', December 16, 2016, 11:40:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: Happy on March 26, 2018, 07:21:16 PM
Really like those guns. The wife has one in .270. I have toyed with the idea of buying one of the 12 gauge for turkeys but never bit the bullet.....yet.
I love both of mine. I have two 12.g. muzzloader barrels,a .50cal,and a 12g. Shotgun barrel...I really wish I would have bought a 20g.barrel back in the day. Now the camo doesn't match and I'm anal ..

RED NECK

I am going to call the place where I purchased this gun and see if he can order me the 20 gauge barrel to go with this setup.I will be toting this gun around the majority of my time in the turkey woods going forward.Do you guys know if the forends are the same for both barrels?I will ask him anyway but I couldn't find anywhere online or on tc website that tells me I need a different forend for the other shotgun barrel,just rifle or muzzleloading barrel.
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

haystaddle

20 gauge and 12 gauge forearms are not interchangeable.

RED NECK

The guy is checking to see if they are in stock from the distributor and going to call me back before i go to work at noon.I just want to have both barrels for it.This is my favorite gun to carry around and the pattern at 40 with longeards is amazing.It patterns as well as any gun I own.I can't wait to test the 20 gauge barrel with hevi shot mag blend and #6 of hevi13.

RED NECK

I just purchased the 20 gauge barrel and forend,It is in the hardwoods finish though not the realtree ap hd.I don't care and the turkeys will not care either.It will be in by early next week at the latest.Not cheap but I am happy with it,I will be shooting the fiber optic sights on this gun for this year.

1iagobblergetter

I'm sure you'll be pleased with the 20g barrel. I have numerous top of the line turkey guns and 99% of the time grab my Encore. I thought a thumbhole stock would even make it nicer,but  didn't like the extra length and went back to the original stock. Also hated the original sights. I topped mine with a scope and will never look back!! Good luck....

RED NECK

I picked it up yesterday and switched it out.I like the idea of having both barrels setup with scopes,so I am thinking I want to try a simmons pro diamond.If I could find a Leupold nwtf somewhere that would be my dream purchase,always kicked myself for not buying the earth tone scope with turkey plex.

1iagobblergetter

I about wrapped mine around a tree after missing 2 different big gobblers in one day with the open sights. Its hard to explain and maybe its just me,but the sight seemed to hide the turkey and if they were moving at all i would have to lower the barrel to see where the turkey was then raise the barrel back up.
My brother used it and i was watching him as he shot a Big gobbler and i seen him doing the same thing. He said the same thing the open sights sucked,but im sure some guys Love them,but not this one.
The 12g.muzzleloader barrel is fun to throw on once in awhile also. I've shot one Gobbler with mine. I thought about using mine this year,but might tinker with loads and scope it this summer and use it next spring. I have some Tss and H13 I might try to patterning.

RED NECK

I only like this sight on my turkey guns if i am using open sights,I have killed over 20 gobblers with this sight.I don't mind the stock sights on the encores but I am mounting a bushnell 1-4 with circle plex.I wrapped the scope today with camo wrap I had here.I will have to wait to mount scope when the base arrives late next week.I was not planning on patterning before then anyway.I use the peep site with this sight and love it.I have it mounted on my NWTF 12 ga 3.5" bps and my 870 rem 20 gauge.

www.truglo.com/firearms-turkey/tru-bead-turkey-universal-dual-color.asp?catid=F41C40D155E44609874F4225CB2A7EC2