turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Should I move my sights?

Started by Ondavirg, January 15, 2017, 06:56:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ondavirg

I realize this is a bit OCD, but I'm curious as to whether you guys would be happy with this pattern, or move slightly to the right.  It's about 30 pellets denser on the right side.  It's a 30 yard pattern. 

And here's the center of the pattern for a closer look.  Same shot.

sixbird

I'd shoot a few more before I did anything, if you do decide to do anything...I think I'd be happy right where it is though. Each shot will be slightly different regarding numbers in each quadrant. Looks like the pattern is pretty centered...

wvmntnhick

Try one more and check it again. If it's consistent I'd change it but it's not off enough to get excited about in my opinion.

dirt road ninja

If it worried you enough to to ask, yes!

Uncle Tom

You got 301 hits at 30 yds...shoot another one and compare...then shoot a 40 yd. and compare. You will have an idea by then. 300 hits at 30 yds dead bird every time no matter where the 4 quarters line up, but 40 yards won't be that many and I would want to know where they hitting and how many in that 10" circle at 40 yds. Just me but others may be different....plus, as others have said each shot at given distance will always be little different, and you will have a better idea with more shots.

hookedspur

Shoot 3 shoots at the same target at what ever your range is then find the center of the densest part
of your pattern. This is will be your POI. then compare it to the POA.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Twowithone

Looks good for 30 Id leave it be.
09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.