OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Aluminum

Started by dejake, October 12, 2016, 03:40:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dejake

I would like to read some recommendations for an aluminum pot.  Have at it, and thanks.

jed clampett

I have a Yingling bocote aluminum that sounds great...schaffer sapele aluminum aluminum that sounds great as well

Jroddc

Lonzo, Dawkins, Mac, are all good ones

captpete

Gooserbat's is the best sounding aluminum that I have used. It is a hickory pot, not sure what the sound board is.

Scott Hock

Jimmy Schaffers atomic 13. Playability in all conditions makes it hard to beat. Great sounding call also.

Bowhuntr73

Any Shaffer or Dawkins blasted aluminum can not go wrong!!!

Wvgobbler

Lonzo's aluminum over aluminum is really hard to beat. Definitely my favorite and maybe one of the best calls I have ever run. I also like Jimmy's aluminum call too. I would also like to add Gary Anderson of Daybreak calls I have one from him in a Shedua pot that sounds incredible.

Bowguy

Schafer, atomic 13 or Sapele aluminum. Two great meat calls. Dawkins walnut or plastic pot, Mac redheart, Lonzo acrylic

wvmntnhick

I've got 2 Yingling aluminum pots, a Schaffer atomic 13 and a Halloran anodized aluminum. Love the Yingling and Schaffer pots. The Halloran I would have gotten rid of pretty quick had it not been for getting it cheap. Once I removed half the anodized coating it wasn't bad but before that, I hated it.

beakbuster10

Dawkins stoned aluminum plastic pot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MattinIdaho

Schaffers Atomic 13 as has been mentioned, Kimmy Hanks, and my favorite probably would be a Tim Sanford as far as aluminum. I've had 3, still have 1 and regret ever selling he other 2. He makes a fine pot call. For whatever reason everyone of his 2 piece strikers all run great for me also. I've paired them up with calls I've sold that I also wished I had back.

hunter22

Some of my favorites are Lon Trice, Darrin Dawkins, Jimmy Schaffer, Bill Lyman, Al Shoemaker, Daybreak......Lots of guys out there that make a great aluminum pot call.

OldSwamper

How bout a pic of the tiger maple double aluminum.  Thanks

OHturkey85

Jimmy Schaffers sapele aluminum over aluminum or a Lonzo aluminum over aluminum

sixbird

Jimmy Schaffer aluminum over aluminum in a solid white ash pot would be hard to beat and a Lon Trice aluminum over glass in an osage orange pot. That baby calls 'em in too!