OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Trying to figure out the best box call

Started by mtns2hunt, October 10, 2016, 10:07:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greencop01

:camohat:   With turkey callers there are so many things that come into play. I look at the history and lore of our sport. Certain caller makers have transcended from craftsmen to legend. You have Neil Cost, Lamar Williams, Bily Bush, Doug Camp,Don Chancey,Ernie Fetters, Andy Kaiser, Steve Mann, Niles Oesterle, Gene Upward, Scott Basehore, Marlin Watkins, Ralph Snodgrass,  Billy Buice , Dick Kirby, Pappy, and I have only scratched the surface. There are many more but what I'm trying to say is if you have a caller from one of these gentleman you own some history of turkey hunting. There are others in the making, the Shoemakers, Yeuingling (did I spell the name right) and many more on this site. When I buy a caller I'm buying what I consider the best representation of this craft and I hunt with my callers, its what they're made for! Its all subjective, everyone has his own list and own preferences. Get out there and buy your own piece of history. Beauty is in the EAR and EYE of the beholder. I hope I didn't muddy the waters, I truly hope you all stare down the rattle (borrowed from Mark Strand) this Spring. Only six months away......... :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!