hunter22

Here's some more made by Marlin.

A couple early long boxes

Fiddle Long boxes

Short boxes

crow

nice group of classy looking calls

Will

Keep the pictures coming. I'd like to see his different combos and work. Here are my long boxes. The first pictured is the very first call he made me a few years ago. Kee Kees come easy with his long boxes.
Bloodwood over Poplar

Bloodwood over Wormy Butternut, matched set to my short box.

Cedar over Wormy Butternut

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sixbird

Spoke to Marlin today. Had to thank him again for the mora over persimmon short box he made...I play it most days and it seems to get better the more I play it...Not only does he make fine calls but he's a genuinely nice man.  :icon_thumright:

doublespurs21

there was one of his calls on ebay the other day,, zircote over butternut, #467, man, that thing was awesome. I was out bid in the last 5 seconds, I was pissed. I have one of his calls #466 and I wanted that one bad. my call is made of spalted maple box with a bloodwood paddle

Will

Quote from: sixbird on October 16, 2016, 06:45:49 PM
Spoke to Marlin today. Had to thank him again for the mora over persimmon short box he made...I play it most days and it seems to get better the more I play it...Not only does he make fine calls but he's a genuinely nice man.  :icon_thumright:

I know what you mean. That Mora does something. I am constantly playing the Mora over Butternut and it just gets better and better. He has really made an impact on the turkey call and hunting world to say the least.

sixbird

Quote from: Will on October 16, 2016, 07:35:51 PM
Quote from: sixbird on October 16, 2016, 06:45:49 PM
I know what you mean. That Mora does something. I am constantly playing the Mora over Butternut and it just gets better and better. He has really made an impact on the turkey call and hunting world to say the least.

Yes he has...He's got a great life story. I don't know if anyone is aware but he's a very successful business owner and owns a large, by eastern standards, farm that he manages for wildlife. He has a John Byrne turkey dog named Kee Kee that he loves like family. His calls develop over a six month to one year period. He tweaks them and ages them before they go to their new owner. The man is a craftsman and gentleman and a truly nice guy...

Beards and Hooks

Awesome collections  guys' , those calls are sweet!

adkmountainken

MG150

At Unicoi,Marlin always takes the time to go out into the lobby and help me pick out a call.Listening to him talk about his deferent combos and talk turkey hunting is priceless.He is truly a great gentleman.Here are my two.Bloowood over Mineral Poplar and Macassar over Persimmon

Wildfowler

Took my mora over chestnut opening day here in NC. First time it ever saw the woods it brought in a double for me and a buddy.  To say that I am impressed with Mr. Watkins calls would be an understatement!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

vt35mag

Quote from: Wildfowler on April 14, 2017, 04:34:23 PM
Took my mora over chestnut opening day here in NC. First time it ever saw the woods it brought in a double for me and a buddy.  To say that I am impressed with Mr. Watkins calls would be an understatement!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

That's awesome, congrats!

wcerin

Quote from: REBELYELL on September 22, 2016, 11:35:54 PM
My new favorite short box, great sounding call. Love this combo.

What Combination is that Mora over Wormy Chestnut?
"Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, & some don't turn up at all."

Will

Quote from: wcerin on April 14, 2017, 07:19:04 PM
Quote from: REBELYELL on September 22, 2016, 11:35:54 PM
My new favorite short box, great sounding call. Love this combo.

What Combination is that Mora over Wormy Chestnut?

Mora over Wormy Butternut.

Spitten and drummen

I have a bloodwood over mulberry one sider and a mora over chestnut fiddle box on order from him.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE