OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Marlin Watkins

Started by Will, September 21, 2016, 11:24:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will

Just received my Marlin Watkins Mora over Butternut box call today and what a player. Not a lot of rasp and nice yawk in the yelp. Going through my short boxes I thought I'd post them to share.
Mora over Butternut

Yellowheart over Black Limba

Pauduk over Black Limba

Snakewood over wormy Butternut

Snakewood over Butternut

Snakewood over Perssimon

Yellowheart over Butternut

Bloodwood over Butternut

Kwila over Mahagony

Bubinga over Apple

Ipe over Poplar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mgm1955

Congrats!! That's a great looking group of calls!!!

REBELYELL

jed clampett

Very nice bunch of boxes...which ones have the most rasp out of them combos....favorite??

Will

Quote from: jed clampett on September 22, 2016, 02:46:43 AM
Very nice bunch of boxes...which ones have the most rasp out of them combos....favorite??

The most rasp comes from the Snakewood calls. The wormy butternut and Snakewood leads the pack. My favorite is the Bloodwood over butternut however I can tell you this new mora and butternut box is top notch. I'm thinking this will be my new favorite.

hunter22

What an awesome group of calls.

yelpaholic

Great group of boxes.. not envious at all..

silverspur

That is a super collection of Watkins box calls! :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
Longbeards / Sharp Spurs

jed clampett

Quote from: Will on September 22, 2016, 06:30:04 AM
Quote from: jed clampett on September 22, 2016, 02:46:43 AM

The most rasp comes from the Snakewood calls. The wormy butternut and Snakewood leads the pack. My favorite is the Bloodwood over butternut however I can tell you this new mora and butternut box is top notch. I'm thinking this will be my new favorite.
.                   coming from Marlin...i know there all good ones!!

vt35mag

Bowhuntr73

REBELYELL

My new favorite short box, great sounding call. Love this combo.

Roughneck

Awesome batch of calls marlin builds a great call

Will

That Mora and Butternut is one of the best ones. The more I play it the better it sounds.
Post pictures of your Watkins calls guys

greencop01

:camohat: Marlin has to be a favorite of mine. I have two fiddle paddles by him, a butternut/bloodwood and a mahogany/bloodwood. The mahogany paddle call is outstanding. He is one of the best ! You have a very nice collection of his calls, be honest, how long will it take you to choose which one goes in the vest opening day? He is a gentleman and is as nice as you can be. And who would rather see a someone shoot their first turkey called in to the gun than shoot one himself, well that speaks for itself. We should all try to introduce someone to our sport. I would put up photos of the calls but I don't know how, at my age this skill eludes me.  :z-twocents:
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!