turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Sumtoy mount question

Started by Hoofman, February 23, 2017, 09:41:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoofman

Hey guys and gals. Fairly new to OG. Have a question about the sumtoy mounts for ff3.i  am on the last phase of finishing a 20 ga 870 project. it's at the dipper now being coated in mossy oak original bottomland.  I was very excited about the soon to be finished product until I saw the sumtoy mounts. Now I want one. It is really a clean mount. My gun was drilled and tapped for a weaver base looks good and was well done by a great gunsmith. I have seen that the sumtoy has slot in it for variable screw settings.  After all that my question is, does the sumtoy mount for a 20 ga 870 also fit the 12 ga 870. Thanks for your feedback.

Full strut

he made one for the 12 ga and the 20 ga. i have one on my youth 20 build and i don't think anyone makes a better base. clean fit  and gets it to the perfect eye level if you're using a shurshot stock like most people do (myself included).

Hoofman

Yes. It's the typical 20 ga youth build.  Shurshot stock and fastfire 3. I had it drilled and tapped two years ago and was thinking of buying the sumtoy mount to replace the weaver. The gun is currently at the dipper so I am unsure of the screw pattern used on it. If  I brought it and for some reason it didn't work my plan was to use it on a 12 ga that I haven't drilled and tapped yet.

SumToy

you have from a 1/2 inch to 11/4 bolt space.     The 20 ga will not fit the 12 ga.
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

CrustyRusty

Sumtoy, can you make your mount to fit a browning bps?

Hoofman

Thank you Mr. William. I will look into it when I get the gun back.  May have to wait til after turkey season.. I thought I was done with this project. It truly is an addiction building these guns. This is my third "turkey killer" Project and I'm already wanting to do another one.

SumToy

Quote from: Hoofman on February 25, 2017, 12:21:17 AM
Thank you Mr. William. I will look into it when I get the gun back.  May have to wait til after turkey season.. I thought I was done with this project. It truly is an addiction building these guns. This is my third "turkey killer" Project and I'm already wanting to do another one.

Just let me know if I can be of any help. 
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA