OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

private land-tips?

Started by nolimit679, April 05, 2011, 12:50:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nolimit679

hey guys, im wondering if anybody knows where to get landowner info in Clark County Ks.? this is the county i usually hunt and it looks, sadly, like there is only ONE WIHA for spring turkey this year (there were over 25 last year wtf...) and a small wildlife area (packed to the brim with people as of 4-4-11, dont go, trust me one of those idiots WILL shoot you!). I am curious as to where i can find this info and make some calls first. Last time i did a "knock and talk" on a rancher i was shot at as soon as i pulled into the driveway, so, as you can probably conclude, i dont want that to happen again. i'd rather call first from now on :)

nolimit679

do you happen to know which town in Clark county i would have to go to? i know there is minneola and ashland. which one is the county seat?

as far as the WIHA areas going away because landowners arent seeing anything? very very doubtful in my opinion. the entire county, particularly around jacobs well and other water sources were extremely rich and have been for about a decade now. My personal opinion is that it may have something to do with the lack of moisture so far this spring and the fire danger with the wind. if a fire ever broke out out there it would be impossible to fight. very rugged country back there, reminds me more of wyoming or utah than kansas.