turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Thread type for a Mossberg 500 20 ga ? turkey choke needed

Started by AdrianJHare, July 31, 2016, 08:37:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AdrianJHare

Guys, I have got a couple answers on this so I'm leaning to the guys that may have one here.  This is a gun I bought for the grandkids and I wanted to get a turkey choke , maybe pure gold or Jeds something in that field, but am having a aweful time getting the thread brand.   

Any help ? 

Greg Massey

Get you a non-ported H S Strut .. undertaker choke tube.

hookedspur

It uses the Invector threaded tubes.
Depending on what you want to shoot in it ,but I would not choke it real hard for a youth shooter.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Jmbradt3873

I have a non-ported undertaker in both my 20 and the gun my son uses, I get good patterns with blue box federals, I  do however get better patterns with a modified choke and federal premium with the flight control wads, at least until the make longbeard xr's for the 20. LOL

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

wvmntnhick

Quote from: Jmbradt3873 on August 03, 2016, 10:41:52 AM
I have a non-ported undertaker in both my 20 and the gun my son uses, I get good patterns with blue box federals, I  do however get better patterns with a modified choke and federal premium with the flight control wads, at least until the make longbeard xr's for the 20. LOL

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
Are they going to? Do you know something? Don't go toying with people's emotions here man!  ;D

I'd spoken to a Winchester rep a while back. He said they had no plans to make it in 20 gauge but only the future would tell.

jjnfla

Quote from: Greg Massey on July 31, 2016, 07:21:56 PM
Get you a non-ported H S Strut .. undertaker choke tube. My 500 loves this choke with federal hw7s. I

davisd9

Carlson 575 extended invector

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Horrendo Revolver

Assistant Secretary - U.S. Dry Bean Council

firedup

Pure gold .570.  Invector as said above.
WIN choke is same as Invector.  DO NOT USE INVECTOR PLUS!!!!

****Link with lot of info on choke fit / interchange, ect. *****

http://www.choketube.com/choke-tube-interchange-guide.php