OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Truglo SSX

Started by Zombie1978, April 01, 2017, 06:56:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zombie1978

Just wanted to see what everyone is shooting through a SSX choke and what kind of numbers are you getting? I would like to see pi tures if you have any. My Remington does well with Hevi #7 and that choke.

Longshanks

Have one but have never shot it. Rem choke 21" bbl on my 870. One of these days will get around to shooting it. What kind of numbers are you seeing?

Zombie1978

Haven't had a chance to count the #7 yet. Here is a picture of a #4 longbeard at 40.

Fl strutter

About a month ago i bought a ssx and shot a mad blend out of my sps 870 supermag and it took a pair of channel locks to get the choke out of my gun. I will never put another one in any gun I own. Returned it where I bought it. I've used rem chokes, 4 different jebs chokes, and indian creeks and never had this happen.

Longshanks

Quote from: Fl strutter on April 02, 2017, 05:56:33 AM
About a month ago i bought a ssx and shot a mad blend out of my sps 870 supermag and it took a pair of channel locks to get the choke out of my gun. I will never put another one in any gun I own. Returned it where I bought it. I've used rem chokes, 4 different jebs chokes, and indian creeks and never had this happen.

This is why I haven't shot it. Heard too many stories like this.

Buckeye_Strutter_935

i love my truglo ssx out of my 935 with 3.5 LBXRS 5 shot its almost too tight...
Feathers Fear Me

SumToy

Quote from: Zombie1978 on April 01, 2017, 08:11:40 PM
Haven't had a chance to count the #7 yet. Here is a picture of a #4 longbeard at 40.

All in what you looking for.  This is what the 4s will do.
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

darron

chatterbox

Never had a problem with any SSX choke I shot.
The only issue I had was when I was shooting a 535, my gun preferred the .660 jellyhead, but I have never had any issues removing any of them, and they shot great out of my 835, and continue to shoot great out of my sons 510 and my turkey thug 20.