OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Ameristep? ?

Started by 1iagobblergetter, June 23, 2016, 05:30:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1iagobblergetter

I'm looking to replace my old Ameristep intimidater blind. The way it looks they don't make that one anymore. Does anyone know which Ameristep is similar to that one or what took its place. I want to stick with Ameristep. I like how easy they set up. I'm not a blind fan and prefer hunting without but love them when hunting with my son or in rain. Thanks....

TRG3

During the past year's hunting seasons, I didn't even set my blind up but relied on rain gear instead. I'm not a big fan of hunting blinds because they restrict what I can see; however, on those nasty inclement days when creature comfort is a high priority, they can be nice to have.  Hopefully, you have access to a large sporting good store that would have several models set up so that you could actually step inside of them to see what suits your fancy.

allchokedup

I've got the Ameristep Intimidator blind, but it's wearing out. I purchased the Browning Phantom X blind and the Primos Double Bull Double Wide Deluxe Blind. Both of these blinds are very well made, but the Primos Double blind is the best blind I have owned to date.
Good luck, David

slwayne

Not familiar with the Intimidator but I love my Brickhouse.  Nice and light, sets up easy and doesn't break the bank.  I'm with you, don't use it much unless I have a kid or newbie with me or the forecast calls for rain but in those situations I don't hesitate to use it.